Not an American user?
DescriptionLast winter, there was a day when more snow fell than ever before. That's why people all over the world took the day off, went outside and built snowmen with their kin. It seemed to be a day full of laughter and happiness when suddenly some nasty creatures appeared who couldn't stand the joy. They scared off the happy folks and took all the snowmen away. With the smiling fellows missing, sadness was to conquer the empty places.
Two former antarctic explorers who retired some time ago to open an ice cream parlor stood up against the nasty creatures. They decided to take the challenge, chase the creatures through the world's cities and bring back every single snowman!
Ice Guys is a platform game with cartoon graphics. One solo player or two team mates fight against a horde of little monsters. Their only weapon against the creatures is the snow on the ground - but there is plenty of it! So they keep throwing snowballs at their attackers to get them caught in an avalanche. The avalanche can be kicked thus turning it into a deathly bowling ball. Combination hits will be rewarded with goodies which can be collected. Diamonds can be traded for special items in a shop. Stars will qualify the players for a sleigh race bonus game and ice creams will eventually be turned into extra lives.
There are 4 cities to visit. Each comes with a different graphical setting and 8 screens to solve. The further the players progress in the game, the cleverer and nastier the monsters get. When all 32 levels are finished, an ending sequence closes the game.
- "Ice Guys: Save the Snowmen!" -- Tag-lined title
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
|GO64!||Jul, 1997||83 out of 100||83|
|Zzap!||Mar, 2002||83 out of 100||83|
|Commodore Free||2011||7 out of 10||70|
|Micro Mart||2004||7 out of 10||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- 2008 - C64 Game Endings Gold Medal Awards ("This really is a cool ending (no pun intended). It fulfils all my requirements for a perfect game ending: great graphics, cracking tune, complete story telling, humour and a great scroller. This game ending has them all. G.E. Rating: 10/10")
Related Web Sites
- Ice Guys (Product page on the Protovision website (English))
- Ice Guys (product page on the Protovision website)
- Ice Guys Longplay (C64) (Ice Guys Longplay on YouTube plus review)
Chester Kollschen (20) added Ice Guys (Commodore 64) on Sep 20, 2010