Steam Store Description (from Ad Blurbs)The third installment of the next-gen IL-2 Sturmovik series is dedicated to large scale aerial battles between the Red Air Force and the Luftwaffe in the skies over the Kuban front in 1943. It contains eight aircraft (additional Collector Planes are available as separate DLCs).
IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Kuban adds the third Eastern front TOW. Combined with Battle of Stalingrad and Battle of Moscow, it creates a whole Eastern front pilot experience - you can start your pilot career near Moscow in 1941, continue to the Battle of Stalingrad in 1942-1943 and finish in Battle of Kuban in 1943.
You can also use the A-20B bomber in Career mode during another timeframe - Battle of Stalingrad.
- 8 Battle of Kuban Aircraft (Yak-7b Series 36, Bf 109 G-4 and legendary P-39L-1 Aircobra fighters, Fw 190 A-5 fighter/bomber, IL-2 AM-38F (model 1943) sturmovik, Bf 110 G-2 heavy fighter, A-20B and He 111 H-16 bombers).
- Kuban Map (three seasons - Spring, Summer and Autumn).
- Battle of Kuban Career mode timeframe with historically accurate frontlines, airfields, squadrons and weather for each day (April 17th - October 9th, 1943).
- Sea Dragons historical campaign (please see below).
Sea Dragons historical campaignSea Dragons historical campaign is set during the long and bloody battle at the Kuban bridgehead that lasted from the Spring until the middle of Autumn 1943, when the last troops of the occupying force retreated. The air forces of the Black Sea fleet played a major role in the fighting, striking airfields, seaports and surface targets and providing air cover for the troops of the North Caucasian front as well as supporting Soviet marine landings. This is the story of a former fighter pilot who has been transferred to the 47th Attack Aviation Regiment of the Black Sea Air Force after recovering from a serious wound. Incapable of flying a nimble fighter anymore and starting as a simple wingman once again, this time piloting an IL-2, he has a long road in front of him to eventually become the Deputy Commander of the regiment.
- Timeframe: April 16th - October 9th, 1943.
- Regiment: 47th ShAP VVS VMF
- Available aircraft: IL-2 AM-38F (model 1943)
- Duration: 15 missions
- Average playtime: 7 hours
There are no Windows user screenshots for this game.
There are 19 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad - Battle of Kuban (official website)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.