Steam Store Description (from Ad Blurbs)From the team that brought you Rise of Flight: The First Great Air War comes a new, re-imagined Great War combat flight-simulator as part of the IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles series. Fly some of WWI’s greatest aircraft in thrilling air to air combat high above the trenches of No Man’s Land. In planes made largely of canvas and wood, dogfight to the death against cunning enemies and see if you have what it takes to become an ACE! Experience what is was like to be an early aviation pioneer and test the tactics and machines that would forever change warfare by bringing it to the skies for the first time. Discover the bravery and courage it took to do battle where each mission could be your last. Are you the next Guynemer, Ball, Bishop or von Richtofen?
Flying Circus includes ten legendary WWI combat aircraft that you can fly alone or with friends in single-player or multiplayer scenarios. Flying Circus also comes with a map of the Arras sector of the Western Front in WWI and includes picturesque cities, town and villages and an ominous, deadly, cratered No Man’s Land separating the two sides.
Compared to more powerful WWII planes or jet aircraft; these early flying machines can make tight turns with ease. You’re aim will have to be good as dogfights are twisting, turning, chaotic affairs and many bullets just pass through the thin materials these planes are made of. Aim for the engine, radiator, wing supports or the enemy pilot himself to bring him down. This takes a whole other level of skill which also brings a whole new level of fun and immersion.
IL-2 Sturmovik: Flying Circus – Vol. I is part of the IL-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles series of products and can be integrated with other Great Battles titles such as Battle of Stalingrad, Battle of Moscow, Battle of Kuban and Battle of Bodenplatte. Steam requires you own Battle of Stalingrad before you can add Flying Circus. When all titles are purchased, they combine to create one huge WWI and WWII air and ground combat simulation.
Included Content and Features
- 10,000 sq. km. map of the Arras sector in WWI including cities, towns, airfields and famous No-Mans-Land.
- Ten legendary WWI aircraft to fly - Spad XIII, Sopwith Dolphin, Sopwith Camel, RAF S.E.5.a, Bristol Fighter, Albatros D.Va, Fokker Dr.1, Fokker D.VII. Pfalz D.IIIa and Halberstadt CL.II.
- Also includes the Fokker D.VIIF, Bristol Fighter F.III and Halberstadt CL.II 200hp engine modifications.
- Numerous types of buildings, hangars, ground vehicles and scenery objects to enhance mission environment.
- Detailed and precise exterior models of aircraft with 4K skins.
- Full-scale 3D interior of each aircraft that looks amazing in VR.
- Fly as an observer/gunner in properly equipped aircraft.
- Custom skins support.
- Quick Mission Builder to get you flying and fighting in minutes.
- Custom Single-Player Missions Support.
- Scripted Campaign Support
- Co-Op and Dogfight Multiplayer Modes plus a Dedicated Server option.
- Realistic ballistics modeling.
- Realistic gunsight visuals and operation such as the famous Aldis sight.
- Detailed physics model and performance of aircraft.
- Detailed damage model to simulate damage to planes made of lighter materials.
- Customizable Joystick support and key mapping.
- Virtual Reality Support for all major VR goggles.
- Customizable graphics options.
- Track recordings of your missions.
- Motion-sim platform support.
- Sim-shaker audio effects support (under development).
- TrackIR support.
- Powerful Mission Editor (For Intermediate and Advanced Users).
- Large, Friendly and Helpful Community.
There are no Windows user screenshots for this game.
There are 41 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad - Flying Circus - Volume I (official website)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.