DescriptionThis pirate adventure game was inspired by the classic 1888 novel Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson. Players take the role of Jim Hawkins, the boy from the book who fled with his share of Long John Silver's treasure four years ago.
His pirating days over, Jim is a respected member of his community and now the Captain of his own ship. But, his past catches up to him when a note arrives from Long John Silver himself delivered by Long John's faithful companion, the parrot Captain Flint. Long John wants Jim to find the hoard - the bounty of treasure that he buried on Emerald Isle. The message also cautions Jim that there are other pirates also looking for the treasure (as well as Long John himself) - so he must get there first!
Ahoy maties! Climb aboard Jim's ship and sail the high seas to tropical Emerald Isle. Solve the "tests" that Long John devised to keep his treasure (and his location) hidden.
Gameplay is handled in 1st-person, point-and-click fashion. The controls (right and left mouse clicks) and inventory system are very similar to Kheops' recent title, Return to Mysterious Island. Puzzles involve using inventory objects which can be manipulated, combined and taken apart. The game is all adventure without action or fighting of any kind.
Features include Caribbean island graphics, comic book style, drawn cut scenes, sound effects, island themed music, a task list and an in-game navigation map.
There are no iPad user screenshots for this game.
There are 16 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Rumbo a la isla del tesoro" -- Spanish title
- "Neue Abenteuer auf der Schatzinsel" -- German title
- "Kurs: Wyspa Skarbów" -- Polish title
- "Destinazione: l'isola del tesoro" -- Italian title
- "Destination: Treasure Island HD" -- iPad title
- "Cap sur l'Ile au Trésor" -- French title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
Macintosh versionThe Macintosh version of Destination: Treasure Island was declared Golden Master on February 15, 2009.
Related Web Sites
- Destination: Treasure Island (Official website)
- Destination: Treasure Island Hint File (Universal Hint System walkthrough using question and answer format. Hides the solutions until the last so the game won't be spoiled for you.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.