missing cover art
Advertising BlurbsBack of Case - Windows (Germany):
Die alten Wikinger sind zurück.
Dies ist die Geschichte des Wikingers Bjarni, den sein Abenteuer in den fernen Orient geführt habe. Dort wird er nun in eine hinterhältige Intrige verwickelt, deren Ausgang über das Schicksal der Welt entscheidet...
Reise nach Nordland ist ein Abenteuer- Strategiespiel, das sich neben dem aus der Cultures Reihe bekannten Aufbauspiel durch seine Vielfalt an Rätseln, Abenteuern und Lösungswegen auszeichnet. Diese einzigartige Mischung aus bewährten Spielprinzipien garantiert Unterhaltung für viele Stunden.
3 wählbare Schwierigkeitsstufen
Bis zu 6 Spieler im LAN und Internet
Contributed by Genki (1904) on Mar 30, 2005.
- Stand-alone Adventure Strategy game.
- Single player campaign with 8 missions including several sub missions.
- The exciting plots tells the story of Viking God Loki who tried to take revenge on Godfather Odin for his banishment from Asgard to Earth. For that he abuses our four human heroes with his intrigues and traps.
- 8 additional free single player missions (non campaign).
- 6 multi-player missions (LAN/Internet for up to 6 players); also playable in single player mode.
- 3 difficulty levels to make the game fun for everybody from beginners to experts.
- Special effects like weather effects, fog, ghost units etc.
- Internet Lobby for match making and chat.
- Easy-to-use Map editor to create single player and multi player maps that can be played alone or with friends.
- Based on the enhanced technology of "Cultures 2 - The Gates of Asgard"; enhanced AI.
Contributed by Jeanne (76511) on Jan 25, 2004.
The story begins where the plot of "Cultures 2 - The Gates of Asgard" ended. After perilous adventures our four heroes defeated the Midgard serpent and thus saved the world. A great celebration began and everyone was happy and content. But everything has to come to an end sometime, and time to say farewell came faster than our friends wanted.
Hatschi, the brave Saracen, returned to his home village. Sigurd, the Frank hero, left the south and set for his way to beloved Franconia. Bjami and Crya, feeling more than just friendship for each other, returned back Byzantium to recover from the exertions of their adventure at the palace of Crya's father, the emperor of Byzantium.
But one day they were disturbed by a call for help from their friend Hatschi. Hatschi's homeland was plagued by mysterious monstrous serpent creatures, which spread chaos and destruction through the country. Without hesitatio Byjami and Crya hurried to help him and stumbled right into a new adventure, in which the sly god Loki will play an important role...
Loki, known from the Nordic agas as a versatile god of lies and weaver of many intrigues against his divine "colleagues", has been banned from Asgard by godfather Odin as a punishment for the trouble caused by the midgard serpent. Now Loki is plotting revenge and searching for a possibility to sneak back into Asgard and pay Odin back. Using the pseudonym Ykol he worms into the confidence of Hatschi and our heroes and accompany them on their adventurous quest. All the time he is weaving a tightening web of clandestine intrigues in which our heroes will get entangles unsuspectingly - until the whole truth is revealed at the end of the campaign and a final showdown takes place in Odin's throne chamber...
But before this, the serpent plague must be vanquished, a miraculous amulet must be created, Sigurd's people have to be relieved of the wolf demo Fenris and his evil hordes, and our heroes have to traverse the underworld, free the abducted Crya, blow a magic horm, thaw some frozen gods and release Odin from a charming spell.