DescriptionFollowing the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand on June 28th, 1914 Germany declared the war on Russia and the whole Europe was dragged into a global conflict. Families were separated, fathers and sons killed in battles by enemy or in trenches by diseases. The game, inspired by the letters written during the Great War follows the stories of several people whose tragic destinies become intertwined as the war drags on.
The game has four playable characters. One of the many Germans deported from France, Karl is separated from his wife Marie and son Victor and forced to join the German army, while Marie's father Emile is drafted into the French army. Freddie is an American volunteer who seems to have nothing to loose, and Anna is a Belgian student looking for her father. There's also Walt the dog that will aid the characters on multiple occasions.
Gameplay-wise it is essentially a mix of side-scrolling adventure with a lot of puzzles and a straightforward action game. During "adventure" segments the player guides one of the characters though a series of obstacles using their unique abilities. The puzzles include manipulation with objects, helping out people, sneaking past guards or enemies etc. Action sequences vary from dodging enemy bombs to driving a tank amidst a heated battle.
- "Soldats Inconnus: Mémoires de la Grande Guerre" -- French title
- "バリアント ハート ザ グレイト ウォー" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Framework: UbiArt
- Japanese PlayStation 4 games with full English support
- Ubisoft Club / Uplay supported games
|Great game plagued by poor controls||patrick selten (2387)|
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
- The Game Awards
- 2014 — Best Narrative — Won
- 2014 — Games for Change — Won
Related Web Sites
- Valiant Hearts: The Great War (official website)
- TrueAchievements achievement guide (The TrueAchievements achievement guide for Valiant Hearts: The Great War)
- Wikipedia: Valiant Hearts: The Great War (Article about the game in the open encyclopedia)
GTramp (64977) added Valiant Hearts: The Great War (iPad) on Sep 06, 2014
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.