🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > The 7th Guest > Henry Stauf is back...

Daniel Saner (3503) on 12/4/2011 4:49 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

A little at least, and I hope he'll be really returning soon. The mythology of The 7th Guest can't die!

I just found out about the new Trilobyte with Rob Landeros' blessing and involvement, and the rights to The 7th Guest series. They're apparently also planning to port The 11th Hour, as well as Tender Loving Care by Rob's other studio, Aftermath Media, to the iPad.

But best of all? If they sell well, they're up for finally creating The 7th Guest III. Reading that made me really happy, especially since The 7th Guest was one of the very first PC games I ever played. I'd love to dive into its world again! From the site's FAQ: "Once we get these ports released, we expect to have the resources to develop new projects. We're committed to doing that and excited to get started. We know our fans would love a sequel, so The 7th Guest III is definitely part of our planning process. There is even discussion about a prequel."

Took the occasion to pop in the 7/11 soundtrack album. Wow! I guess a replay of T7G and T11H is in order. Haven't seen many games since that were able to create such a gloomy mood. If any.

Parf (7873) on 12/4/2011 8:23 PM · Permalink · Report

Seeing this post made me want to play the game once again, so I set out to do so immediately. Only this time I'm using an FAQ because I'm lazy.

Great game with terrific music and awful acting. Just the way I remember it, and I like it! :)