🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Ecco the Dolphin > win 3.x compatible

eXo (346) on 7/25/2014 3:43 PM · Permalink · Report

Odd, this game used to have Win 3.x listed as a platform. Now it doesn't.

But it is win 3.x compatible.

I went to add it, saw the wizard, and was flooded by bad memories of the past.

I come across incorrect dos/win3x data so often here, but it is such a hassle to fix, I just ignore it.

So instead I'm making this thread to tell people it is compatible, and if someone with more patience than myself is around, they can submit the correction.

Sciere (930488) on 7/25/2014 6:09 PM · Permalink · Report

There's no previous correction about removing the platform. Speaking generally, note that compatibility is not sufficient, it needs to be a native release for the platform.

Terok Nor (42006) on 7/26/2014 8:39 AM · Permalink · Report

archive.org has no record of Win 3.x having been at the entry. This is however one of those cases where there should be Win 3.x instead of Windows (just look at some of the covers). Windows should also stay, though, because of the Steam release. Someone will have to submit the 3.x platform so everything that does not pertain to the Steam release can be moved.

eXo (346) on 7/28/2014 3:58 PM · Permalink · Report

submitted new platform.

the reason I was claiming it was previously listed is due to the fact I have it in a scrape I did on the site of all games listed as win 3.1. Very unlikely it got into my database without getting scraped via that route.

However, it's possible it was a manual entry I made at one point when auditing my own game collection.

Terok Nor (42006) on 7/28/2014 5:13 PM · Permalink · Report

It's possible of course it was listed for 3.x for a short time, but got removed relatively quickly so either archive.org doesn't have a snapshot of it wasn't among my samples.

Anyway, the platform correction has now been made. I also added a comment to the Steam release indicating that version is Genesis emulation.