Forums > Game Forums > Sonic the Hedgehog > About the new trivia

ケヴィン (4137) on 4/22/2011 11:52 PM · Permalink · Report

I have a question about the new trivia that was posted. Aren't there 2 release dates for Japan (bugged/fixed)? Because I have a shitload of Sonic The Hedgehog games for the Mega Drive, including several Japanese ones. I have both bugged and fixed versions of this game (Both Japanese releases of course). So maybe the bugged version may have been released a little earlier?

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (93757) on 5/25/2011 6:23 AM · Permalink · Report

By all accounts there's only one release date for the game. By any chance do you have boxes for both copies? Do they have the same G-**** number and JAN code? Does the "bugged" version also lack the graphical enhancements found in the fixed version? You sure it's an authentic Japan release, and not the very similar-looking Asia release?

I've never heard of the original Japan release being bugged. Curious, considering all international releases use the bugged code, even though it was the pack-in game for a good while after the "fixed" version was supposedly released. Don't see why they'd fix later runs of the Japanese version, but not later runs of the international version...