DescriptionThe real murders by the renowned killer, Jack the Ripper, took place in London in the year 1888. As everyone knows, the cases have never been solved. What would happen if Jack left London and started his killing thirteen years later ... in New York City?
Similar to other Jack the Ripper stories, the main character is a reporter. You play James "Jimmy" Palmer, a newspaper man in New York, who is assigned to get the scoop on some strange and grotesque murders. Guide Jimmy around the dank and dirty "Low Side" of New York in the year 1901 - twelve years after Jack the Ripper's last known killing in London. Visit crime scenes, interview people who knew the victims in a brothel, a cabaret nightclub and alleyways. Get help from different types of people from various walks of life - bookies, prostitutes, street bums as well as the police, investigative agency professionals and Jimmy's co-workers.
This first person adventure game is completely mouse controlled and features an in-game map for navigating between locations, 360° views, 3D graphics, and ambient background effects. Exploration, interaction with other characters, solving various types of puzzles, and finding/using inventory objects are all part of the gameplay.
There are no promo images for this game
- "开膛手杰克" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Джек Потрошитель" -- Russian spelling
- "Jack lo Squartatore" -- Italian title
- "Jack L'éventreur: New-York 1901" -- French title
- "Jack el Destripador" -- Spanish title
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: Virtools
- Protagonist: Journalist / Reporter
- Setting: Belle Époque
- Setting: City - New York
|The Game That Wasn't There||Terrence Bosky (5463)|
|Jack Is Back!||Jeanne (76459)|
|A short but very nice game.||John Doe (3)|
|IGN||Feb 11, 2004||7.8 out of 10||78|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Mar 09, 2004||13 out of 20||65|
|Worth Playing||Mar 09, 2004||6.4 out of 10||64|
|FileFactory Games / Gameworld Network||Apr 07, 2004||60 out of 100||60|
|ActionTrip||Feb 06, 2004||57 out of 100||57|
|Game Over Online||Feb 19, 2004||46 out of 100||46|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||May, 2004||40|
|Adventure Gamers||Feb 18, 2004||30|
There are currently no topics for this game.
ReferencesThe autopsy report for the second Low Side victim is written by Dr. Ralph Llewen. Dr. Rees Ralph Llewellyn examined the first commonly accepted Ripper victim, Mary Ann "Polly" Nichols, and determined that the killer was left-handed.
Related Web Sites
- Hints for Jack the Ripper (Universal Hint System hints for the game give you only as much information as you need. Complete solutions included.)
- Jack the Ripper (Official Web Site (The Adventure Co.))
- Jack the Ripper (Official Web Site (Galilea))
- MaGtRo's Walkthrough (Step by step guide for solving the game)