missing cover art
DescriptionJonah: A VeggieTales Game is a game for children aged five and up based on VeggieTales, a US series of children's computer animated television shows, videos, and feature films. This title is inspired directly by the 2002 movie Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie. It weaves together two stories, one in a current day environment on the way to a concert and another set in ancient Israel and based directly on the biblical story of Jonah. The game contains twelve arcade mini-games to experience the story along with scenes directly from the film. The game only borrows from the biblical part of the movie.
The journey starts at Joppa and a map shows the journey through twelve locations until Nineveh is reached. The mini-games have multiple levels for each one. They are:
- Special delivery: shown from a top-down view Jonah riding Reginald needs to deliver ten messages in a 2D vertically scrolling environment. The scrolls need to be thrown into open tents and barrels need to be avoided by moving left or right.
- Crunch Time is played as a first-person shooter in a fixed-screen environment aboard a pirate ship. The goal is to feed the pirates moving left and right, avoid to feed the rats and hit Mr. Twisty bags for super speed.
- In A Bumpy Ride a ship needs to be navigated through a 2D vertically scrolling environment shown from a bird's-eye view. Steer around docks, do not hit boats or red barrels, and pick up special crates.
- Pirate's Plank has you flinging pirates off a plank of their ship, shown from a fixed-screen side view. The amount of pressure determines the distance and the pirates need to land on rubber duckies to score.
- In Thar She Blows! a whale has got hold of the ship. The gameplay is almost identical to A Bumpy Ride, but now the ship is pulled by a while. The player needs to collect sports equipment to launch it at the whale. Islands need to be avoided.
- In Drop the Ball the whale has swallowed a bowling ball with Khalil inside. This is a platform section shown from a side view where the screen scrolls upwards automatically. The player has to steer the ball down platforms to reach the bottom of the whale. There are traps that need to be avoided and the ball cannot hit the top of the screen of the game is over.
- Second Chance Dance has angels sing and dance to give Jonah a second chance. In a fixed-screen environment symbols scroll horizontally in a row. When they pass a frame the player needs to select the correct, matching symbol to score.
- In Desert Dodge Khalil and Jonah ride Reginald in a 2D horizontally side-scrolling desert environment. Desert critters need to be defeated by aiming at them or jumping over them. Cheese curls can be tossed at buzzards flying overhead. When a cobra is hit two times a Mr. Twisty bonus is provided.
- Crazy Caves is about navigating canyon mazes shown from a top-down view in a fixed-screen environment. Jonah needs to be guided through the caverns, but most of them are dark and he needs to reach the end before his torch goes out. Along the way new torches can be picked up and puddles need to be avoided.
- In Cliff Side Jonah is about to reach Nineveh with only a cliff in the way. He slides down and the screen scrolls down vertically as he steers around obstacles, uses ramps to jump over cracks, and avoids rolling boulders, all shown from a bird's-eye view.
- In Flying Fish Jonah needs to navigate the center of the town in a side-scrolling environment shown from a bird's-eye view. To reach the center he needs to avoid flying fish. Bucket shows can be used to wash off the smell.
- Finally, in A Message from the Lord God wants to give Jonah a second chance. He needs to reach the top of a structure classic Donkey Kong-style using ladders. He needs to avoid Ninevite peas and jump over rolling fish. There are special bonuses to be picked up.
There are no Windows user screenshots for this game.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|Edutaining Kids||Jan, 2003||A-||91|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
VeggieTales® Created by: