Forums > Game Forums > Legend > Remake?

Mobygamesisreanimated (11069) on 9/21/2008 3:50 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Is this really a remake of Legend? The story and characters are completely different; and the levels as well, if I remember correctly (I didn't play the crappy PSX Legend for long).

vedder (70685) on 9/21/2008 5:25 PM · Permalink · Report

I never played either game myself. My primary source for it being a remake was Wikipedia. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_(1998_video_game) and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_(1994_video_game) ) So, it could be wrong. But a review of the game I read made the game sound very similar to the SNES game, both storywise and gameplay wise, which led me to the assumption that it's probably correct. The fact that all the names changed could simply be due to copyright laws, since the remake was created by a different company (though featuring some of the original designers according to Wikipedia, again).

The review (Power Unlimited, jan 99) didn't mention it was a remake, but I've read many reviews of remakes and ports in that magazine, that blatantly failed to mention that, so I didn't see that as a viable reason for it not to be a remake.

Mobygamesisreanimated (11069) on 9/21/2008 5:58 PM · Permalink · Report

Well, as I said, the story is completely different. The wikipedia entries confirm this. How similar they play doesn't really have anything to do with whether the later Legend is a remake. Sequels are usually similar to their predecessors as well, and besides, both games are actually quite different from each other, considering the genre and simplistic gameplay that comes with it. There isn't really any proof that it is a remake and the different story indicates that it's a sequel.

Indra was here (20756) on 9/24/2008 6:28 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start stvedder wrote--]... which led me to the assumption that it's probably correct. [/Q --end stvedder wrote--]

Whoa! That word is blasphemy to da approvers. Confirm only what you can prove mate, assumptions on such data...usually end up being incorrect or incomplete.