DescriptionLeisure Suit Larry 1: In the Land of the Lounge Lizards is a remake of the first game in the Leisure Suit Larry series. It introduces a new interface. Instead of typing commands, the player performs the desired actions by choosing appropriate icons, and then clicking on objects on the screen to interact with them. The graphics are now 256 color VGA. There is also much more music than in the original version, and it supports more advanced sound formats.
There are no promo images for this game
- "LSL VGA remake" -- Informal name
Part of the Following Groups
- Enhanced remakes
- Game Engine: Sierra's Creative Interpreter (SCI)
- Gameplay feature: Gambling
- Genre: Card / Tile game - Blackjack
- Leisure Suit Larry series
- Sierra remakes
|Hey baby, what's your sign?||DOS||Katakis | カタキス (41526)|
|Lecherous loser launches ludicrous liaisons!||DOS||Unicorn Lynx (181564)|
|The Original is far superior||DOS||steve mcgarry (3)|
|HA HA HA HA HA!!!||DOS||Aaron Jones (16)|
|I like this classic, funny game!||DOS||Linlin Fan (1)|
|Adventure Classic Gaming||DOS||Sep 15, 2007||5 out of 5||100|
|Génération 4||DOS||Nov, 1991||92 out of 100||92|
|Amiga Action||Amiga||May, 1992||90 out of 100||90|
|Absolute Games (AG.ru)||DOS||Apr 16, 2001||85 out of 100||85|
|HonestGamers (Staff reviews only)||DOS||Jul 17, 2007||8 out of 10||80|
|Adventure Corner||DOS||Jan 07, 2004||70 out of 100||70|
|Amiga Force||Amiga||Dec, 1993||69 out of 100||69|
|Amiga Format||Amiga||Jun, 1992||53 out of 100||53|
|Amiga Format||Amiga||Apr, 1994||5 out of 10||50|
|CU Amiga||Amiga||Mar, 1994||50 out of 100||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- Leisure Suit Larry 1 was available in four different packages: a 16 color version (supporting EGA, MCGA, VGA, Tandy/PCjr) with either 3.5" DD or 5.25" HD disks, and a 256 color version (supporting MCGA, VGA) with either 3.5" HD or 5.25" HD disks.
- The Russian version of this VGA remake features some changes (although not as many as in the original game). For example, the messages in the bar toilet are different, there is a message concerning Roger Wilco and Vohaul from the Space Quest series, which didn't exist in the original American version.
- This remake of Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards was also politically updated to include references to the first Gulf War. In the original release, Larry had credits cards from Lybia; in the remake, they are from Iraq. Also, in the original game, after buying condoms in the shop, you tell the clerk: "Thanks a lot, big mouth!", while in the remake it becomes "Thanks a lot, Saddam!"
Related Web Sites
- Al Lowe's Humor Site (The homepage of Al Lowe, the creator of Leisure Suit Larry)
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)
- Leisure Suit Larry Treasure Trove (Stuck? At the end of your rope? Not to worry! There's a plethora of hints waiting for you.)
- The Dot Eaters: Videogame History 101 (An extensive history of video and computer games, including a massive entry for Sierra.)
DOS Credits (33 people)
Bill Davis ( )Director:
Eric Apel, Roger Hardy Jr., Desie Hartman, Jennifer Shontz, William D. Skirvin, Barry T. Smith, Russell TrueloveBackground Artist: