Steam Store Description (from Ad Blurbs)The Aquatic Adventure of the Last Human is a pixelated, side-scrolling, underwater action-adventure game about exploring the decaying ruins of our species -- and fighting deadly sea-creatures -- in search of answers about our downfall.
- Melancholic underwater atmosphere: We really wanted to show the beauty of the sea as well as our influence on nature.
- Exploratory storytelling: The story is mainly told through the art and backgrounds with some textual hints along the way.
- Unique conflict encounters: Throughout the adventure, you will encounter -- much like Odysseus in The Odyssey -- monstrous beasts and challenges that you will have to best.
- Polarized gameplay: It's pretty chill until you've gotta fight for your life!
We think it's important to bring up global issues that have affected our lives and try to give a different point of view: climate change, terrorism, and technological progress.
We’re not lying: You are the last human; humanity is doomed.
BackstoryThe water rose by an unpredictable amount due to climate change. The Earth's surface froze over, and humans were forced to live underwater -- where they could still harvest energy and grow food -- changing how cities and districts looked. As resources began to dwindle in the year 2971, sub-aquatic spaceships were sent to a nearby wormhole to look for habitable planets. Things did not go as planned. And now the ship, Argo9, has returned thousands of years later in a time after humans have gone extinct.
It's up to you to determine whether the ruins of our species is a travesty or an inevitable conclusion as you explore the lush aquatic world and encounter deadly underwater monsters.
The Aquatic Adventure of the Last Human || Digital DELUXE EditionThis edition includes a pixel art map with all the boss locations, the full soundtrack composed by Karl Flodin -- and a digital booklet that gives some extra information about the story, weapons, and upgrades. Lastly, you'll receive a few desktop backgrounds that we made. All of this will be found in the game's folder.
There are no Linux user screenshots for this game.
There are 17 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- The Aquatic Adventure of the Last Human (official website)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.