missing cover art
DescriptionKing's Quest: Quest for the Crown is a remake of King's Quest using Chris Jones' Adventure Game Studio engine. Unlike Sierra's own earlier remake of the same game, this version features VGA graphics, an icon-based point-and-click interface, voices (optional) and MP3 music (optional).
In 2009 AGD Interactive released King's Quest I VGA 4.0, which can be considered a remake of their original 2001 remake. It contains the following enhancements:
- Newly enhanced game backgrounds and character dialog portraits
- A new "no dead-ends" gameplay mode (optional) to ensure that the game can be completed from any point
- Full narrator speech and lip-syncing for all characters
- Windows Vista support
- Native Ogg Theora movies, which means in-game cutscenes and movies will now play in Linux and PC emulations under Macs
- Full digital speech and music tracks are now included as part of the download rather than being separate downloads
There are no Linux user screenshots for this game.
There are 40 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
There are no promo images for this game
- "King's Quest 1 VGA" -- Informal title
Part of the Following Groups
- Enhanced remakes
- Game Engine: Adventure Game Studio (AGS)
- King's Quest series
- King's Quest VGA games
There are no reviews for the Linux release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|DOS Version||8||eXo (305)
May 07, 2013
AvailabilityThis fan-made game can be downloaded for free from here.
CreditsAll developers contributing to the project originally chose to remain anonymous, although they have been revealed later.
DevelopmentRoyal Quest, the working title for the game, was actually going to be more of a parody of King's Quest. It would feature a sort of "bad-ass" Graham who was more interested in fighting than solving puzzles. The game was cancelled, however, and King's Quest: Quest for the Crown development began. Coincidentally, an AGS game called Royal Quest was later in production using backgrounds and sprites ripped from King's Quest: Quest for the Crown. The maker denies any knowledge of its original incarnation of Royal Quest.
- AGS Awards
- 2001 - Best Room Art in an AGS Game
- 2001 - Best Animation in an AGS Game
- 2001 - Best AGS Documentation
Related Web Sites
- AGS Awards (The Adventure Game Studio Awards for 2001.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.