DescriptionGabe and Tycho of the web comic Penny Arcade are at their debut on the video game scene in this adventure RPG.
Set in 1922, in a pulp horror storyline, players create their protagonist who gets swept up in a world of mystery and adventure when a large robot destroys the main character's house during a leaf raking session. Determined to get to the bottom of what happened (and finding a new place to live in the process), the player runs into the Startling Developments Detective agency, run by Gabe and Tycho. Along the way, the team will encounter a series of characters from the web comic, fighting zombies, homeless people, mimes and Fruit Fuckers in an attempt to solve this bizarre series of events.
Gameplay is set up as a classic-style RPG, with turn-based combat and item management abilities during combat. Players will also be able to summon other characters for combat help, and level up new abilities as the story progresses.
Story elements are conveyed in a comic strip style. During conversation, players engage in a multiple selection story tree in an attempt to gain support or information or simply just harass and insult characters in typical Penny Arcade fashion.
The Xbox Live version includes various achievement rewards based off gameplay requirements.
- "Над пропастью во тьме. Часть 1" -- Russian spelling
- "Precipice of Darkness 1" -- MacStore title
Part of the Following Groups
- Distribution Method: Episodic
- Game Engine: Torque 360
- Game Engine: Torque Game Engine Advanced
- Inspiration: Comics
- Middleware: SDL
- Penny Arcade Adventures series
- Theme: Steampunk
- Visual technique / style: Cel shaded
There are no reviews for the Linux release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaPenny Arcade used flamebait comments of a Wired blog posting to advertise its game, using the words from a poster by the name of ddf. They plastered banners advertising the game with his "testimonials".
"Penny arcade sucks and is unfunny. please murder penny arcade and then yourself if you disagree with me."
"This game sucks and anyone who likes it sucks. penny arcade sucks and is as funny as something that's not funny at all."
Related Web Sites
- Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness (Official game website)
- Wikipedia: Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness (Article in the open encyclopedia)
- X360A achievement guide (X360A's achievement guide for Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.