DescriptionAfter the events of the first game, Alchemist, one of the three main classes, is corrupted by the Emberblight from the heart of Ordrak, the main source of corruption beneath the town of Torchlight. Now he is on a rampage for taking the power of guardians and breaking the balance of elements. New heroes arrive to rise up against his madness with the help of the destroyer and the vanquisher, other two playable characters from the first game.
Many elements from the original hack-and-slash RPG Torchlight (fishing, pets, etc) make a return in the sequel, including the randomly generated dungeons. There are more classes, pets and weapon types and the locations to visit are more varied. There are now snowy areas, deserts, forests etc. Instead of the dungeon descending structure of the original game, the sequel has large above-ground environments with hub towns and each one has a couple of separate dungeons that consist of one floor or multiple ones. Unlike the first game multiplayer is now supported through cooperative sessions for up to six players, both locally and online. There are three acts and an epilogue.
Other new elements are time of day cycles, an updated interface design, and various weather effects. The character appearance can be fully customized based on various attributes.
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: OGRE
- Diablo variants
- Gameplay feature: Fishing
- Games with randomly generated environments
- Torchlight series
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
- 2012 – One of the Top 10 Games of the Year
- GameStar (Germany) / GamePro (Germany)
- 2012 - #5 Best Role-Playing Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
Related Web Sites
- inTorchlight (German fan site with news, guides and calculators)
- Runic Games Fansite (fansite with focus on mods and modding)
- Torchlight 2 (official website)
- Torchlight Rama (French fan site and blog)
- Wikipedia: Torchlight II (article in the open encyclopedia about the game)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.