Steam Store Description (from Ad Blurbs)Inspired by the classic turn based strategies of the 90s, Vigilantes is a deep and compelling neo noir, turn based tactical RPG with an old school heart. Assume the role of Sam Contino, an idealist dragged down the rabbit hole of vigilantism after intervening in a violent mugging. Vigilantes will be coming to Steam Early access soon, so please consider adding us to your wishlist, if you'd like to stay tuned to additions and improvements!
- Lead a vigilante team in tense, full featured, turn based battles against 3 distinct gangs.
- A gritty, neo noir backdrop offers a fresh setting and a new direction for turn based tactical games.
- A strategic AI that reacts to your actions, and is responsible for recruitment, building facilities, and improving gang equipment and training.
- Run surveillance and interrogate enemies to locate each gang's leadership and facilities.
- Develop your team with the deep UPLIFT system, choosing stats, skills, and many perks.
- Build a base of operations, comprised of 5 upgradeable structures.
- Take down foes with choreographed, bone shattering melee, firearms, and explosives.
- Craft special items, such as hotloaded ammo, armour, weapons and medical items.
- Experience a compelling story, supported by quality artwork and voice acting.
Tense, Deep, Tactical Turn Based CombatTest your tactical ability against an overwhelming enemy in battle. Take down foes with choreographed hand to hand, melee weapons from ball peen hammer to deadly katana. Or, if you're a gunslinger, stick to cover and trade lead with pistols, burst fire SMGs, shotguns, assault and precision rifles. If things get hectic you can always break out the explosives.
- Overwatch, attacks of opportunity, and the ability to delay your turn.
- Multiple attack modes for weapons, including burst fire, aimed shots, heavy attacks.
- Powerful activated abilities, unlocked through perks.
- The ability to target body parts, to inflict additional damage and status effects.
- Characters become less proficient in combat as they sustain injuries.
- Fleeing enemies, who will come back to fight you, stronger than ever.
- Full and half cover system.
Know Thine EnemyLow level criminal activity can be located with limited surveillance, but taking down hoods isn't going to get you anywhere. To put a gang out of commission, you must locate and dismantle well-hidden facilities and the gang's leadership. In order to do this, you'll have to interrogate gang members of sufficient rank.
Deep Character DevelopmentVigilantes allows you to customise your team to your play-style. The UPLIFT character system is comprised of 6 core stats, nine crime-fighting skills, and a wide variety of game changing perks. With the UPLIFT system, character level is increased by using skills, rather than by gaining XP.
Build A Base Of OperationsUse resources "liberated" from gangs to build up a base of operations to support your campaign against crime in Reiker. Build and upgrade five facilities: Workshop, Gym, Firing Range, Surgery and Library, to provide your team with buffs, enhanced crafting options, and free resources.
Face An Overwhelming EnemyOut-numbered and out-gunned, you must adapt to face over 15 enemy types across three gangs: the swarming, cult-like Church of the Final Exodus, the Survivalists, an elite paramilitary group who more closely resemble an army than a gang, and the Mafia, an insidious enemy, which excels at keeping its activities hidden. Trade punches with heavyweight Mafia Enforcers, outmanoeuvre stalking Survivalist Sharpshooters, and take down crazed, explosive wielding, Church of the Final Exodus Fanatics.
Make Friends!You don't have to take on the criminal underworld alone. Find allies on the dark streets of Reiker, including hard-boiled private eye, Ray Case, Reiker City Police Lieutenant Emilia De Soto, and Elena Furey, who is hunting down Survivalists for reasons of her own. You can find a voiced introduction video for each of these allies in the videos section, at the top of the page.
Tools Of The TradeWield baseball bats, fire axes, close range, burst fire SMGs, precision rifles, shotguns, incendiary grenades, smoke grenades. Kit out your team with crafted armour, advanced medical devices, and create specialised hot-loaded ammunition which causes increased damage. Don't forget to repair your equipment after combat, to prevent firearms jamming, melee weapons breaking, and to maintain the protective qualities of your armour.
There are no Linux user screenshots for this game.
There are 54 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Vigilantes (official website)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.