Forums > Game Forums > Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders > US version VS UK Version

Edwin Drost (9385) on 1/27/2017 11:37 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Could someone tell me what the difference is between the boxes of the C64 US version and the UK version? Should not the US Version be included in Cover Art as well?

Edwin Drost (9385) on 2/1/2017 5:47 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

There are actually two versions of the Disks of the German version of Zak McKracken. One with a white label where the name is upon written and there is one where the name is written upon the disks. What is the differences? Although I have the game (at my parents place), I just cannot remember what they are at this moment.

Freeman (65034) on 2/1/2017 11:57 PM · Permalink · Report

Even if the packaging is mostly the same, releases from different territories will usually have different product codes (UPC in the US / EAN-13 in Europe). Here's the US packaging with a shot of the UPC. I wasn't able to find one from the UK.

Edwin Drost (9385) on 3/10/2017 12:40 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

If you look very carefully, you'll noticed that under the UK version label of C64 on Mobygames stands something else. On the back says about the IBM screens and all.

Was there in the original release of the DOS version already a hint book included and both 5.25 AND 3.5? Just to make sure.

Edit:Is the contributor Boris Oliver Schneider-Johne the real one? Sorry for asking.

Edit1: The packaging also includes the design on how the floppies looks like? Or did someone else did that?