Not an American user?
DescriptionUnlike the Game Boy Advance version of the game, the console version of The Lord of the Rings:The Third Age introduces entirely new characters which aren't mentioned in the books or movies. The game does relate to the movies by including scenes from all three movies, with new background speech by Ian McKellen (Gandalf).
There are seven playable characters in the game which have been created specifically for it, as well as small appearances by characters such as Gandalf, Aragorn, Eowyn, Faramir, and Gothmog.
The game covers events in all three movies/books, mostly with references to major events shown through cut scenes, or the scenes from the movies with Ian McKellen's narration.
A classic RPG game, The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age has gameplay elements similar to Final Fantasy, where you have a party of characters, each with a different set of skills and attributes, who gain levels, making them stronger as the game progresses. Battles are turn-based, and let the gamer make different decisions on what they want to do to change the outcome of the battle. The game travels through many areas throughout Tolkien's Middle Earth, including The Pelennor Fields and Moria.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Wladca Pierscieni: Trzecia Era" -- Polish title
- "The Lord of the Rings: Uchitsu Kuni Daisanki" -- Japanese title
- "LOTR: 3rd Age" -- Common abbreviation
- "Le Seigneur des Anneaux: Le Tiers Age" -- French title
- "Il Signore degli Anelli: La Terza Era " -- Italian title
- "El Señor de los Anillos: La Tercera Edad " -- Spanish title
- "Der Herr der Ringe: Das dritte Zeitalter" -- German title
- "A Gyűrűk Ura: A Harmadkor" -- Hungarian title
Part of the Following Groups
- Fantasy Creatures: Dwarves
- Fantasy Creatures: Elves
- Fantasy Creatures: Orcs
- Fantasy Creatures: Trolls
- Inspiration: Author - J. R. R. Tolkien
- Inspiration: Movies
- Physics Engine: Havok
- PlayStation 2 Greatest Hits releases
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
- Xbox Classics releases
|A shamelessly derivative RPG with a tantalizingly cinematic feel. Fans of the films take note.||PlayStation 2||The Cliffe (1708)|
|SchhwWWWingTchrrr!!! Yeah THX, that's what a bow sounds like...||PlayStation 2||Kyle Levesque (935)|
|Love it!!!||PlayStation 2||Lisa Buckle (2)|
|If this game was a singer, Simon Cowell would shoot it!||Xbox||M.Allen (88)|
|PGNx Media||PlayStation 2||Nov 26, 2004||8.9 out of 10||89|
|IGN||GameCube||Nov 01, 2004||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Gamesmania.de||PlayStation 2||Nov 04, 2004||80 out of 100||80|
|GameSpot||GameCube||Nov 08, 2004||7.7 out of 10||77|
|RPGFan||Xbox||Dec 07, 2004||76 out of 100||76|
|X-Power||Xbox||Dec 24, 2004||7 out of 10||70|
|GamePro (US)||GameCube||Nov 10, 2004||3.5 out of 5||70|
|Jeuxvideo.com||PlayStation 2||Nov 05, 2004||13 out of 20||65|
|Legendra||GameCube||Sep 01, 2007||50|
|Game Revolution||PlayStation 2||Nov, 2004||C||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
LicenseInclusion of stories and themes from the books could not be put into the game, since EA owned the rights only for the movies, and not the books. Therefore the game could only include ideas not shown in either the books or the movies, or have them tied in some way to the movies. Both of these were done in creating the game.
Related Web Sites
- EA - Lord of the Rings: The Third Age (Publisher's product page.)
- Wikipedia: The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age (Information about The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age at Wikipedia)
Contributed to by M P (30)
PlayStation 2 Credits (397 people)
Carble Cheung, Jon‑Paul Dumont, Chris Ferriera, Stephen J. Goss, David Curtis Hill, Egan Hirvela, Mike Hurst, Benjamin K. B. Johnson, Michael Kirkbride, Paul Mathus, Paul Pettross