Steam Store Description (from Ad Blurbs)
Theme & Narrative:1976.
Noomi Kovacs—an overeager graduate of the LeCarre Institute for Exceptional Spies (L.I.E.S)—has just landed her first job at Penderbrook Motors’ Division of Outside Intelligence. Confined to an office and underestimated by her gruff supervisor—a disgraced former government agent named Turn—Noomi will have to exploit her colleagues and surroundings to help further her dream of becoming a globetrotting secret agent. Once in the field, Noomi and Turn begin to realize that their company’s dogged pursuit of their rivals extend to something far more sinister than “healthy competition” and the two will be forced to reconsider the paths they’ve chosen. Lying, blackmail, and emotional manipulation will become Noomi and Turn’s greatest assets as they make their way through…The Low Road.
Description:Set in the world of the 1970s automobile industry, The Low Road is a point-and-click graphic adventure game which follows a team of corporate spies dedicated to the protection (and appropriation) of game-changing industry secrets. Sporting a unique visual style inspired by gouache paintings and a pulsating rock and roll score, "The Low Road" will captivate players through intricate puzzles, branching moral dilemmas, and a quirky cast of memorable characters.
Game Developer Conference 2016 “Best In Play” – Winner
Playcrafting ’16 Bit Awards “Best Style” – Nominee
Full Indie Vancouver "2017 Demo Night” – Winner
Indie Prize Showcase USA 2017 – Nominee
- A unique digitally hand painted 2D illustration style with 1970s television influences.
- A fully-voiced cast of characters
- Play from the perspective of two corporate espionage agents
- Over 32000 words of dark comedic dialogue written by award-winning playwright Leif Oleson-Cormack
- A mergence of traditional storytelling and engaging game play
- An original score of swirling psychedelia and dusty Americana by Eric Cheng, featuring songs performed by Win Well.
- Nostalgic point-and-click style gameplay influenced by LucasArts and Sierra classics
- Branching conversation puzzles that will challenge your deductive and intuitive abilities
- Over 15+ first person puzzle sequences
About XGen Studios:XGen Studios is an independently owned and operated game developer of several award-winning titles on consoles, mobile platforms and the web. Established in 2001 and located in Edmonton Canada, we're a team of passionate creative people, united by a desire to create the type of games we wish existed. We're excited by emerging technologies and the new experiences these make possible.
Since 2001, XGen Studios has released 10 internally-developed, including the #1-selling hit Defend Your Castle for Nintendo’s WiiWare™ Service and Day-1 PS4™ title Super Motherload.
During the production of The Low Road, XGen’s Founder and CEO, Skye Boyes, passed away. The Low Road is dedicated to Skye for the inspiration, leadership and friendship he brought to the XGen team.
The Low Road is XGen Studios’ first point-and-click adventure game and has financial funding support from the Canada Media Fund 2014-2015 Experimental Stream.
There are no user screenshots for this game
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- The Low Road (official website)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.