Aeon of Sands: The Trail Ad Blurbs (Macintosh)
Advertising BlurbsSteam Store Description:
Aeon of Sands – The Trail is a retro low fantasy RPG set in a post-apocalyptic world, with first person, grid-based exploration, puzzles, real-time combat, and a fully illustrated, non-linear, choose your story adventure.
- Choose your path, or stumble around blindly! Let nonlinearity be your pal!
- Replay it! Do it differently all over, and still manage to sabotage civilisation!
- Travel the large desert like there's no tomorrow!
- Play with magic, which is most often as dangerous to you as to others!
- Face multiple endings, and more often, your own!
- Real-time combat
- 20 locations and more than 60 mazes and dungeons to explore
- More than 140 dialogues
- Completely hand drawn 2.5D environment, 240 hand-drawn illustrations
- Up to 2 other characters can join your party during play
- Each character’s personality influences the outcome of the story, and opens up new paths
- Real-time combat
The game follows the misadventures of a likeable slacker, who is suddenly thrown out of his cozy home into a terrible, infinite desert that seems to hate him.
Accompany the vain, nap-loving clerk Setrani through his first major adventure.
Guide him on his travels through a dangerous land, ravaged by the weather and by tribal conflicts. Struggle with him as the desert, wickedly, sets trap after trap on his path.
The story is driven by multiple-choice dialogues, in which you are repeatedly confronted with new absurd situations.
Based on your decisions, new areas can be explored while others become inaccessible, you meet new companions or make enemies of them.
It's basically Choose Your Own Adventure featuring Dungeon Crawling!
Press“One of the most brilliant pieces of design I’ve seen in forever“ Rock, Paper, Shotgun
Contributed by Sciere (738372) on Dec 05, 2018.