DescriptionAnanias is a rouge like dungeon crawler in which the player must save the land Concordia. This is done by finding the ring of Ananias that lies deep beneath a mountain. Unlike other rouge games effects of potions and scrolls are known from the start, but as a true rouge game the levels are randomly generated and once the player dies it's game over. The dungeon is divided into zones (such as Caverns of Chaos and Underground Lagoon) that spans a couple of levels. Monsters can move between rooms but they can only attack if they are in the same room as the player. At the end of each zone the player must fight a boss monster that guards the ladder down. If the players pet gets too wounded it will try to flee and if the player wishes to continue the journey with the pet it must be captured before descending to the next floor.
The player may choose to play one out of 9 classes:
- Alchemist: Mix potions without the danger of explosions
- Arcane Master: Expert magic user
- Paladin: Uses shield and can use any armor
- Master bowman: Expert user of ranged weapons and can command monsters
- Monster slayer: Good with throwing
- barbarian: Gains strength when short on health and regains health by killing enemies
- Ailorus Monk: Expert unarmed fighter and immune to poison
- Dumeril Sage: Expert magic user
- Shepherd: No special abilities. Can not have a pet (already has a sheep)
- Dire Wolf: Loyal fighter
- Wild Lynx: Agile but unpredictable
- Pony: Extended carrying capability
- Giant Frog: Acid attacks
Every time the players descend a level he/she levels up and may choose a patron entity that will improve one of the players stats:
- Straus Extends magic points
- Colbi Increases strength
- Hadria Increases health
- Ruma Reveals lifeforms close by
- Tymall Increases magic power
- Valnyr Increases combat ability
There are no Macintosh user screenshots for this game.
There are 26 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "Ananias Mobile Roguelike" -- Android title
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Ananias (official website)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.