🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Archon: The Light and the Dark > Atari 400 800 Version

mcburress on 6/13/2011 10:25 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I have Archon The Light and the Dark 5.25" for Atari 400 800 but it doesn't match the packaging of the Atari 8-bit US box nor the Atari 8-bit UK folder. It has the packaging of the Apple II folder style except the sleeve the disk comes in is white with the three shape Electronic Arts logo, below that is printed "minidisk provided by Verbatim" after a checkmark logo. Are Atari 8-bit and Atari 400 800 different platforms? I have a huge collection and would like to start contributing information when necessary.

Note I also only have a digital camera, no scanner so I may not be able to contribute much.

Kabushi (261204) on 6/13/2011 11:17 AM · Permalink · Report

Atari 400 & 800 are part of the Atari 8-bit family of platforms. The US cover we have on file is a cartridge version for the Atari XE, which was a console variant of the platform.

mcburress on 6/13/2011 12:16 PM · Permalink · Report

I did what I could. I submitted a digital photo of the floppy and sleeve for Atari 8 bit, cardboard folder US with the comment that the rest was exactly same as apple II.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66360) on 6/13/2011 3:35 PM · Permalink · Report

In this case you can contribute redundant materials I think; best to keep an entire package together rather than making piecemeal references to other packages.