DescriptionArthur's Reading Games is an educational title which includes most, if not all, the content of Arthur's Reading Race.
As with the original title this game has mini games based on the book “Arthur’s Reading Race” but in a different format. The main menu has six options:
- I Spy: this game is played at various locations featured in the book. At each the words ‘I spy a “ are shown next to a flash card with a word on it. The whole sentence is read aloud and the player has to click on the correct object.
- The Race Game: this is played as a mock board game between Arthur, the player, and his sister D.W., the AI opponent. The idea is that the player is shown a picture together with three words and they must select which word matches the picture. If correct they move one square round the board for every letter in the word. As with all screens and activities in this product there are lots of little animations to keep it fun
- Let me Write this is a simple sentence construction game. As with I Spy the player selects a location and is presented with a picture and across the top of the screen is a short sentence in the form X + verb + Y, or ‘Arthur likes D.W.. The verb cannot be changed but the player can drag any item from the picture to replace the X and the Y thus making their own sentences. Additionally the player can click on any word to hear it spoken, on the sentence to hear it read, or on another button to change the sentence and supply another verb.
- Read To Me: here the game reads the entire book Arthur’s Reading Race in which Arthur challenges his younger sister D.W. to read 10 words as they walk around town, if she can read that many words he will buy her ice cream.
- Pick A Page: there are twelve pages in the book and the player can replay any one of them
- Let me Play: here the player starts at page one of the book, as they do in ‘Read To Me’, but when the page has been ‘read’ the game pauses allowing the player to search the screen for hotspots that will trigger a hidden animation after which they can either exit or manually proceed to the next screen.
There are no Macintosh user screenshots for this game.
There are 13 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
What's In A Name?There is another game called Arthur's Reading Games which was released in the UK in 2004 by Global Software Publishing and may have been released in the USA earlier than that. The later game is also based on Arthur's Reading Race, has additional content, and is aimed at five to seven year olds.
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.