DescriptionThe Bogus Guru is a collection of four mini-games designed by the Foltz brothers. The games are laid out across a single level select screen and players must select which game they'd like to play before their cursor, a banana, is eaten by a floating guru.
- Rage of the Possum is the first game in the collection and features a possum out to eat as many carrots as he possibly can. As it happens, he's also being chased by a green monster bent on stopping him. The player gains points for each carrot they eat and lose health each time they come in contact with the monster until, finally, they die, ending the game.
- The Hunted follows a lone rabbit as he flees from a hostile, axe-wielding hunter. Morosely, the player simply attempts to survive as long as he can manage, scoring points for each second he remains alive. Eventually, he's caught by the hunter, ending the game.
- Mannequin Wars is a side-view fighting game in which mannequins of rivaling department stores rise up at night and battle it out in a local arena. The player is limited to either punching or kicking the opposing mannequin, with either attack being essentially the same in effect. There is no way to block, nor can either mannequin jump. As the battle progresses, limbs are lost, limiting the range of the player's attacks, until finally only a victor and a humbled torso remain. May the best mannequin win.
- Non-Suicidal Edgar is the fourth and final game in the collection and features Edgar who, while not suicidal, happens to have 23 pounds of explosives strapped to him. One of the surrounding bystanders is in possession of the key required to free Edgar from his impending, gory end, and it's up to him to shove everyone he sees until someone drops it.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Epic Banana Archive (The Epic Banana Archive, which provides additional information and a public-domain download of the title, as well as many of the developer's other games.)
- Info-Mac: The Bogus Guru (The Info-Mac archive's webpage for The Bogus Guru, which provides a public-domain download of the title.)