DescriptionJoin American, British, Polish, French, Canadians, or the German army in WW2, from Invasion of France to the end of the war in this hybrid tactical wargame. Control 50 heavy weapons, 126 vehicles, 45 types of terrain, and 50 missions. Mission editor is included, limited only by your imagination. See all your units move and fight in full 3D, in a turn-based/simultaneous execution format. The latest version adds TCP/IP multiplayer support!
There are no Macintosh user screenshots for this game.
There are 53 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "战斗任务：远方霸主" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Линия фронта: Нормандия" -- Russian spelling
- "Squad Leader" -- Working title
- "Combat Mission" -- German/UK title
- "CM: Beyond Overlord" -- Abbreviated title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the Macintosh release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|AppleLinks.Com||Jul 27, 2000||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
DevelopmentCombat Mission: Beyond Overlord was first in development at Big Time Software helmed by Charles Moylan, but when it became apparent that its publishing company Avalon Hill would be acquired by Hasbro Interactive, the studio was absorbed into Battlefront.com in 1999, which Moyan co-founded a few years before, and where the development team was expanded.
DistributionBattlefront designed and produced this game, and originally the only way to buy it was through their website. Why? They believe the gaming industry is unfair to wargames, and decided to produce and sell the game themselves. Later, CDV picked it up in a distribution deal, after packaging it with over 100 user contributed scenarios, improved textures, vehicles, and more. The result is a "special edition" which can only be found in stores.
ReferencesThe names of in-game Polish soldiers have been taken from names of contemporary Polish politicians (such as Buzek, Frasyniuk, Kuroń, Niesiołowski or Kwaśniewski). Non-Polish players probably won't notice, but for someone from Poland it's an amusing experience to see the famous politicians commandeering battalions.
- Computer Gaming World
- April 2001 (Issue #201) – Wargame of the Year
- PC Gamer
- October 2001 - #50 in the "Top 50 Games of All Time" list
Related Web Sites
- Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord (official website)
- Combat Mission HQ (Home of the CM Webring and famous CMHQ Chat where many of the game designers and beta testers hang out. Also has the largest collection of add-ons for Combat Mission on the internet.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.