DescriptionDesperados: Wanted Dead or Alive is a top-down isometric real-time tactics video game that takes place in a Wild West setting. The main protagonist is John Cooper, a lone rider skillful with his gun as much as his knife, who is hired as a bounty hunter to stop a series of train robberies perpetrated by a mysterious bandit known as El Diablo, but soon discovers his mission is far from being as simple as it seems.
During his journey across the Wild West and its 25 levels in pre-rendered 3D - from a Mexican village to gold mines and rocky canyons - John will gather a team of partners old and new to aid him in his mission, including Sam Williams the expert in explosives, Kate O'Hara the seductress, Doc McCoy the safecracker and sniper, or Sanchez the Mexican outlaw. While the gameplay is largely similar to titles from the Commandos series, even including similar features like the spyglass to see the enemies' field of vision, Desperados doesn't emphasize stealth as much, allowing shootouts to happen in many situations if planned carefully.
There are no Macintosh user screenshots for this game.
There are 56 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "赏金奇兵：西部通缉令" -- Simplified Chinese spelling
- "Desperados: Взять живым или мертвым" -- Russian spelling
- "Desperados: The Shadow of El Diablo" -- Working title
- "Desperados: Poszukiwany Żywy lub Martwy" -- Polish title
- "Death Valley" -- Working title
Part of the Following Groups
- Best of Infogrames / Atari releases
- Covermount: Fullgames
- Desperados series
- Green Pepper releases
- Replay (GT / Infogrames / Atari) releases
- Setting: Western / Old West
There are no reviews for the Macintosh release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|promo art for the game?||2||Somebody bring me Sisko! (8)
Jul 16, 2011
DemoThe demo version is an exclusive level which is not included in the full game. More information can be found in its game entry.
DevelopmentThe game was originally signed to the small German publisher Blackstar Interactive GmbH and had a completely different scenario inspired by the movie Wild Wild West (1999) with various supernatural elements like zombies.
Related Web Sites
- Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive (official website)
- Official Home Page (Infogrames official site containing english, german, french, american and international sites and all the info needed for this game.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.