Forums > Game Forums > Deus Ex > Did you know?

Donatello (466) on 5/21/2013 1:42 AM · Permalink · Report

Got ya!

Slug Camargo (583) on 5/21/2013 4:46 AM · Permalink · Report

Pfffff, way ahead of you: I never uninstalled it :P

It works with Bloodlines too, by the way.

Donatello (466) on 5/25/2013 4:16 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Yeah, I am replaying it now. Since my first playthrough was a stealth character, this time I decided to go for the Rambo approach, gunning down every single soul and being an ass in general. Too bad UNATCO doesn't appreciate my approach. :P Also, as much as I like this game, the AI is hilariously stupid. Haha.

Lain Crowley (6629) on 6/18/2013 6:50 PM · Permalink · Report

I played through HR over the weekend thanks to PS+, and decided to reinstall the original afterwards. I'm still adjusting to how non-lethal vs lethal actually requires a change in playstyle, and not just a different colored weapon that does the same thing.

I'm also playing at max gamma because I don't feel like having my flashlight on all the time just to walk down a city block.

I really miss the PS2's character models.

Indra was here (20756) on 6/18/2013 6:52 PM · Permalink · Report

Never played it and its sequel guaranteed my not being interested in it.

Lain Crowley (6629) on 6/18/2013 6:57 PM · Permalink · Report

I still really enjoy DXIW. Mostly because the best weapon in the game is the riot stick that you just smash people's faces in with. You can even punch robots hard enough to make them your friends if you have the right upgrades.

leilei (343) on 6/18/2013 10:03 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Indra was here wrote--]Never played it and its sequel guaranteed my not being interested in it. [/Q --end Indra was here wrote--]

You should at least play the first. Since you obviously love the Guardian so much i'll just mention the name Warren Spector.

Indra was here (20756) on 6/19/2013 2:43 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start leilei wrote--]Since you obviously love the Guardian so much ... [/Q --end leilei wrote--]Not so much. Couldn't find a more grandeur avatar on the net to steal.

Havoc Crow (29831) on 6/18/2013 11:37 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Incidentally, it's currently 50% off at GOG.com, at $4.99 for a week from now.

Daniel Saner (3503) on 6/19/2013 2:53 AM · Permalink · Report

That's probably one of the best hours-per-dollar gaming deals you'll ever get.

Cavalary (11445) on 6/19/2013 10:53 AM · Permalink · Report

Well, in terms of strictly hours per dollar, one of the day's 2 offers (still valid for 2h - the other being Alan Wake + expansion for $4.48) is their regular D&D bundle that they have during each such sale, Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 + expansions, Icewind Dale 1 & 2 + expansions, Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 + expansions, Planescape: Torment, Temple of Elemental Evil, Dungeons & Dragons: Dragonshard and Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone for $21.10, so that'll probably beat it.

And heh, Level magazine here has Deus Ex: Human Revolution bundled this month, but I heard it requires Steam, so from half-wondering whether I should give it a shot I went to hell no right away. Largely just content to leave the series at the memories I have of the first, seeing how much I avoid games in modern or pre-proper-space-age futuristic settings and shooters of any and all kinds otherwise.

Lain Crowley (6629) on 6/23/2013 3:26 AM · Permalink · Report

A few days ago they had Might & Magic 1-9 for $8.45. That has to be the best deal I've ever seen on gog. If anyone enjoys RPGs then they ought to play M&M 3-7.