🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Déjà Vu II: Lost in Las Vegas > Macintosh version: Mac 512K compatibility

discens (6) on 8/14/2009 2:53 PM · Permalink · Report

I am planning to buy a vintage Macintosh 512k. Does anybody know if the original version of this game would run on it? (maybe useful information can be found at the following page: http://macintoshgarden.org/games/deja-vu-ii-lost-in-las-vegas )

If not, could you tell me if there is a vintage Macintosh which could run it, but also the first 1985 Déjà Vu: A Nightmare Comes True ( http://www.mobygames.com/game/macintosh/dj-vu-a-nightmare-comes-true/techinfo )? Thank you for your attention and for any reply.

Servo (57070) on 8/14/2009 4:01 PM · Permalink · Report

far as I can tell both will work fine on a 512k mac.

Zeppin (8408) on 8/14/2009 8:19 PM · Permalink · Report

Déjá Vu II: Lost in Las Vegas technically requires a Macintosh 512Ke to run, the successor to the 512k. Fortunately, the machines are nearly identical, the 512Ke just has a better floppy drive and more ROM. So both games should run fine.

discens (6) on 8/14/2009 8:49 PM · Permalink · Report

Thank you very much for your replies. And I suppose that a Mac 512Ke would run the first Déjà Vu too, wouldn't it? And all the other early Mac software? Since I think of buying an old Mac primarily legally to play the original versions of the four MacVenture adventures (with the added thrill of the original machine), provided the full compatibility with the above-mentioned games (and preferably with all the earliest Macintosh games), the more powerful the Mac the better, for playing even (slightly) more recent games.

Zeppin (8408) on 8/14/2009 9:14 PM · Permalink · Report

Yes, a 512K or a 512Ke should play all of the games you're interested in, including the original Déjá Vu (An excellent game). Good luck.

discens (6) on 8/14/2009 9:22 PM · Permalink · Report

Thanks a lot.

Zeppin (8408) on 8/15/2009 12:58 AM · Permalink · Report

Two websites you might be interested in, now that it comes to mind, are Low End Mac and The Mac 512. Both are extremely helpful resources.