DescriptionGhost Master is an innovative sim/strategy game with puzzle elements. The player works for the Haunter Committee, an astral realm organisation responsible for managing hauntings, possessions and all manner of astral disturbance. Starting with a small team of ghosts, the player must complete a number of missions in and around the city of Gravenville, recruiting new ghosts from the sites they are haunting to aid them in their future missions.
There are no Macintosh user screenshots for this game.
There are 33 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "鬼魂大师" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Повелитель ужаса" -- Russian spelling
- "Guihun Dashi" -- Chinese title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the Macintosh release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|NowGamer||May 23, 2003||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Mac Addict||Mar, 2004||80|
|AppleLinks.Com||Dec 16, 2003||80|
|Macworld||Feb 25, 2004||80|
|Inside Mac Games (IMG)||Nov 14, 2003||7.5 out of 10||75|
|JeuxMac.com||Jan, 2004||3 out of 5||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
EndingNot satisfied with the ending of Ghost Master? There is an additional bonus scenario with a more "conclusive" finish that you can download. Class of Spook 'Em High is a 144M level that gives you a chance to unleash your veteran haunting force on (you guessed it) a high school. Along the way, you might also earn eternal peace for your haunters.
There is a catch however. The scenario is only for the UK release of the game (although it apparently works with some US versions also). You can find the bonus level with a web search for "bonus_Scenario.exe" (and other Ghost Master related terms).
ExtrasSome U.S. editions of Ghost Master came with a coupon for a free copy of the movie Ghostbusters on DVD. The offer cost $3.95 for shipping and Handling and expired at the end of 2003.
ReferencesHas references to popular horror movies like Evil Dead, Poltergeist, Ghostbusters, Sleepy hollow, Amityville Horror or Blair Witch Project. Also to TV shows like Emergency Room.
Information also contributed by ClydeFrog
Related Web Sites
- Ghost Master (Official Multi-Language Website)
- Ghost Master (Fan site with news and resources)
- Ghost Master: Post Mortem 1 (A thorough blog post by designer Chris Bateman about the development of the game (part one).)
- Ghost Master: Post Mortem 2 (A thorough blog post by designer Chris Bateman about the development of the game (part two).)
- Official Webpage (Mac) (The official product page for the Mac version of Ghost Master on the publisher's website, which provides a profile of the game, a trailer, hints and advice, a desktop wallpaper, a demo (English and Euro languages), and ordering information, among other such things.)
- The Horror, The Horror (An Apple Games article about the Macintosh version of Ghost Master (October, 2003).)
- Wikipedia: Ghost Master (Information about Ghost Master at Wikipedia)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.