Halo: Combat Evolved Ad Blurbs (Macintosh)
Halo® is a sci-fi shooter that takes place on a mysterious alien ring-world. Packed with combat, Halo will have you battling on foot, in vehicles, inside and outdoors with Alien and Human weaponry. Your
objective: to uncover Halo's horrible secrets and destroy mankind's sworn enemy, the Covenant.
- Huge weapon variety: Vanquish your enemies with a vast array of Human or Covenant weaponry ranging from the stealthy (semi-automatic pistols, alien energy guns) to the fierce (rocket launchers and assault rifles).
- Vehicle & foot-based action: Tackle missions anyway you choose-be it storming an enemy base or taking the wheel or gunnery position of a variety of powerful vehicles. Vehicles range from stolen Covenant flyers & hovercraft to Human buggies, tanks and more.
- Indoor & outdoor combat: Fight seamlessly in Halo's ultra-realistic indoor and outdoor environments as you hunt the Covenant in dozens of single player missions and multiplayer battles.
- Intense multiplayer shoot-outs: Form a team, choose a role, and fight cooperatively with your friends, battle it out Deathmatch style via intense split screen combat or fight co-op with a friend through the single player missions.
- Incredible mission variety: Fight the Covenant in dozens of missions as you uncover the dark secrets of Halo. Among your many objectives - attack enemy outposts, raid underground labs for advanced technology, rescue fallen comrades, steal alien vehicles and weaponry and snipe enemy forces.
- Reality-bending special effects: Halo features the most advanced graphic system on the most advanced gaming platform in the world. Gunfire rips off the screen, explosions light up a living room, and environments blur the line between your couch and fantasy.
- Rich sci-fi experience: Halo transports gamers into a science fiction universe fresh out of a Hollywood movie. With a detailed twisting story-line, complex characters and cunning enemies Halo will fulfill every sci-fi enthusiasts dream.
Contributed by havoc of smeg (22269) on Sep 16, 2010.
Your planet needs YOU!10 March, Sydney – At ease soldier! Xbox HQ has just sent through intelligence on an explosive new retail offering. Code named the Halo Elite Force Pack, it is loaded up with earth shattering equipment including a limited edition green Halo Xbox console and green S Controller as well as a copy of the award winning game Halo.
Halo Elite Force Pack retail bundle available now
A launch title for the Xbox platform, Halo has sold more than 3 million copies worldwide, and is still the most successful Xbox title. With its rich storyline and intense game play Halo is considered by many to be the benchmark against which other games are judged.
Invading retail outlets 10th March with a RRP of $349, the Halo Elite Force Pack is expected to wreak havoc in lounge rooms across Australia.
Confidential intelligence details:
Limited edition green Halo Xbox console and green S Controller
Xbox is the video game system from Microsoft that brings people together for the most exhilarating game and entertainment experiences. Xbox delivers an expansive collection of breakthrough games, powerful hardware and the unified Xbox Live online service. “It’s good to play together,” captures the spirit of Xbox as the social hub of the new digital entertainment lifestyle.
Join in the battle against a powerful fellowship of alien races known only as the Covenant, or battle it out with friends via numerous multiplay modes, in this classic first person shooter.
Set on the ancient ring-world Halo, you and a band of fellow soldiers begin a guerrilla war against the Covenant after your ship is attacked and shot down. On foot, or in a range of assault vehicles, fight for humanity against an alien onslaught as you race to uncover the mysteries of Halo.
Awarded game of year 2002 by IGN.
Should you choose to accept this mission soldier, you may not make it back. Dismissed.
- ends -
For further information please contact:
Matthew Gain or Kristi Sergeant
02 9904 3063
About Xbox Xbox (http://www.xbox.com) is the video game system from Microsoft that brings people together for the most exhilarating game and entertainment experiences. Xbox delivers an expansive collection of breakthrough games, powerful hardware and the unified Xbox Live online service. The new tagline, “it’s good to play together,” captures the spirit of Xbox as the social hub of the new digital entertainment lifestyle. Xbox is now available in North America, Asia, Europe and Australia.
About Xbox Live
Xbox’ Live is the first comprehensive, online game arena fully dedicated to fast-action broadband gaming experiences. Xbox Live will allow gamers to play multiplayer Xbox games with other gamers everywhere via a high-speed Internet connection. With a built-in hard drive and Ethernet port, the Xbox console was built from the ground up to be an online gaming system so there’s no need to buy additional peripherals.
Xbox Live will enable all gamers to find and play with their friends easily; talk to other players during game play through the Xbox Communicator headset; and download current statistics, new levels and characters to their Xbox hard drive.
Contributed by Jeanne (76459) on Apr 13, 2004.
Bent on Humankind's extermination, a powerful fellowship of alien races known as the Covenant is wiping out Earth's fledgling interstellar empire. You and the other surviving defenders of a devastated colony-world make a desperate attempt to lure the alien fleet away from Earth. Shot down and marooned on the ancient ring-world Halo, you begin a guerrilla-war against the Covenant. Fight for humanity against an alien onslaught as you race to uncover the mysteries of Halo.
Immerse yourself in the intense sci-fi world of Halo.
Face the ultimate Halo challenge with all-new online multiplayer for up to 16!
Take on the world! Multiplayer action in 19 different maps... including 6 brand new maps!
Unleash destruction with incredible new weapons and vehicles.
Contributed by Corn Popper (69278) on Oct 15, 2003.
You are the ultimate commando - a cybernetically enhanced solider representing the peak of human military evolution. You are efficient, skilled, and dangerous. A sci-fi shooter that takes place on a mysterious alien ring-world. Halo will have you battling through amazing indoor and outdoor environments, in vehicles, and on foot with the largest arsenal of futuristic weapons, vehicles, and combat roles of any shooter ever.
Contributed by Exodia85 (2180) on Aug 12, 2003.
Halo. Not for Angels
This is no place for subtlety, no place for pity. This is a place where aliens want to turn humans into a bad memory. A place where strategy matters indoors and out, where your weapons and vehicles are both human and alien.
This is a place for carnage. This is HALO.
Contributed by Kartanym (12771) on Apr 23, 2002.
Bent on Humankind's extermination, powerful fellowship of alien races known as the Covenant is wiping out Earth's fledgling interstellar empire. You and the other surviving defenders of a devastated colony-world make a desperate attempt to lure the alien fleet away from Earth. Shot down and marooned on the ancient ring-world Halo, you begin a guerilla-war against the Covenant. Fight for humanity against an alien onslaught as you race to uncover the mysteries of Halo.
You are the last of your kind. Bred for combat, built for war, you are master of any weapon, pilot of any vehicle . . . and fear no enemy.
Attack on all fronts—on foot or with a powerful array of assault vehicles.
Seamless, hyper-real indoor and outdoor environments.
Intense multi-player team battles: 4-player split-screen or multi-player system link play.
Unleash destruction with incredible human and alien weapons.
Contributed by Adam Baratz (1484) on Nov 21, 2001.