Jack Keane Ad Blurbs (Macintosh)
Advertising BlurbsBack of Case - Windows (US):
- Wild, action-packed point & click adventure
- Captivating tale with many allusions to famous film and game classics
- 2 playable characters: Jack Keane, a sharp-witted but at times not the most practical guy, and Amanda, an attractive gal thirsting for adventure
- "Laugh-a-minute" interactive dialog sequences, loads of cinematic interludes and more than 40 amusing characters
- A wide variety of scenic locations such as London, the high seas, Cape Town and jungle islands on the Indian Ocean
- Humorous dialogues inspired by the classic Lucas Arts adventures
RESCUE THE EMPIRE!For Jack Keane, what seems to be a harmless job at first, develops into a hair-raising adventure. Stranded on a mysterious island, the hapless sea captain gets caught deeper and deeper in a whirlpool of dark secrets and a gigantic conspiracy against the venerable British Empire. Danger lurks everywhere. Forced into fending off an army of trained monkeys and meat-eating plants, our greenhorn hero has to face evil villains, the fatal attraction of beauatiful women and many a problem to solve too.
Contributed by Jeanne (76519) on Apr 07, 2009.
Colonial England. Under a certain amount of… duress… Jack takes on a job which will not only cause him a great deal of trouble, but also bring to light the answer to a mystery out of his distant past. A lack of money leads Jack to accept a charter to take a British secret agent to mysterious “Tooth Island”. When Jack’s ship shatters on the mysterious island’s cliffs on arrival and the secret agent quickly becomes a meal for a monster in the jungle, Jack is soon left to cope with the situation on his own.
- A wild, action-packed Point-and-Click adventure
- Fantastic story containing many allusions and references to famous movies, characters and computer games
- Great dialogue, over 40 memorable characters
- Suitable for both novices to the genre, as well as more experienced gamers due to the number of additional difficulty settings
- Two playable characters – the extremely ironic, somewhat clumsy daredevil Jack Keane, and the attractive and adventurous Amanda
- A variety of settings including London, the High Seas, Capetown and of course, Tooth Island!
- 3D levels presented in that classic adventure style
- Great cinematic cut-scenes to push forward the captivating storyline
“Tooth Island” is ruled by the strange Doctor T, who is cultivating man-eating plants and has his own dastardly plans for the British Empire. And why does he seem to know Jack, who can’t remember ever having been on Tooth Island? What are Doctor T's plans? And what does he know about Jack’s past?
And then there’s the young and naive Amanda, who is filled by an almost fanatical drive to prove her worth. In the beginning the young lady is employed by Doctor T, and part of her task is to track Jack down and take him prisoner. It doesn’t take long before she begins to wonder if she is really on the right side, or if she shouldn’t join her opponent, the charming Captain Jack, instead.
A hair-raising hunt across the length and breadth of the dangerous island finally airs the mystery surrounding Jack’s past and leads to a spectacular showdown with a dark and deadly enemy and his nefarious henchmen.
Release date: 2008-04-15
Available languages: English
Developed by: Deck13
Catalogue: Strategy First
Available for download: $ 29.99
Available packaged: $ 29.99
Contributed by Jeanne (76519) on May 20, 2008.