Forums > Game Forums > MDK > Stuck in level 3

vedder (70767) on 4/3/2010 12:14 PM · Permalink · Report

I'm completely stuck near the end of level 3. And since you can only save in between levels AND there is a time limit for each level, you can imagine the aggrivation that this is causing me. I already played through the entire level a billion times.

I'm stuck in the area at 3:00 in this speedrun

I somehow have to get into that window where you see the player float into, to shoot some thingy to open the huge door in the arena. But when I fly from where the player in that movie is flying I only get about half as far before hitting the ground. So there's absolutely no way for me to get there. :S

I tried lobbing mortars through the window (actually I threw in some 20+) but they didn't do anything.

Also once you are down in that room it's more or less impossible to get back up to higher ground.

Anyone know how to get past this?

Yearman (29580) on 4/3/2010 12:55 PM · Permalink · Report

If I remember correctly, it was possible to land on the first of the two columns which is in the middle of that area. You can see both in the video. Then jump to the other one and from there into that window.

vedder (70767) on 4/3/2010 12:58 PM · Permalink · Report

You know, I just found out the game has a "Turbo" button which makes you run faster. That also allowed me to finish the game in half the time limit.

I guess this was my penalty for warezing the game and not having bought it when I had the chance in 1997 so that I could've read the manual.

Yearman (29580) on 4/3/2010 1:11 PM · Permalink · Report

The column method also works without running.

I have to play this game again, it's one of my favourite titles from 1997.

vedder (70767) on 4/3/2010 3:37 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I tried that a lot of times but couldn't make it I always just fell a metre short. (without running at least, with running it should be a piece of cake)

Yeah it's a great game. I never played it before, but I'm having a blast. I played a bit of MDK 2 some years back but I don't remember having as much fun with that game as I'm having now.

And the graphics are still very enjoyable, specially in 3Dfx/Glide mode.