DescriptionAfter the player saved the digital world named Darwinia, designed by Dr. Sepulveda, the Darwinias prospered and became more and more autonomous. But instead of forming the utopia, Dr. Sepulveda envisioned for his creations, the once peaceful, law-abiding digital life-form became more and more aggressive. They began to organize themselves in different tribes and began to fight over Darwinia’s limited natural resources unleashing a civil war which rages to this day. In consequence they renamed themselves to Multiwinians.
The player takes control over one of the four factions of Multiwinians in this multiplayer-oriented real-time strategy game. Against either up to three AI- or human players, he has to help his Multiwinians to prevail on the many maps for the six different game modes which are:
- Domination - Capture all the spawn points on the map and thereby eliminating all opponents.
- King of the Hill - Control the pre-defined zones on the map to gain points. The player who has the most points after the time is up, wins the match.
- Capture the Statue - Capture the Flag in Darwinia but instead of stealing a lousy flag, the Multiwinians have to carry back statues of important figures back to to their base.
- Assault - The defending team houses WMDs. The attacker needs to destroy it before it is ready to launch.
- Rocket Riot - The Multiwinians want to conquer space. But instead of working together, they race against each other. The player needs to capture and defend solar panels which fuel their rocket and then get 100 Multiwinians into it before the enemy damages the rocket too much.
- Blitzkrieg - There are several flag points on the map, which must be captured in a specific order to unlock the last flag in front of the enemy base. Once it has been taken, the enemy looses.
There are also crates dropping periodically from the sky containing powerful power-ups like slowing down time or gaining a gun turret. Once placed Multiwinians of any faction in the nearby area can take control over it or the player can decide to take the helm himself and get his own bodycount up.
There are no Macintosh user screenshots for this game.
There are 36 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "Multiwinia: Überleben des Flachsten" -- German title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|Games4Mac||2009||85 out of 100||85|
|MacLife||Aug 07, 2009||80|
|Macworld||Apr 03, 2009||80|
|Inside Mac Games (IMG)||Mar 17, 2009||7 out of 10||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Multiwinia: Survival of the Flattest (official website)
- RTS without the pain (A review of the Macintosh version of Multiwinia by The Mac Gamer's Alex McLarty (Aprikl 6th, 2009).)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.