SimCity 2000 Trivia (Macintosh)
1001 Video GamesSimCity 2000 appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
PerspectiveSimCity 2000 is viewed from a dimetric rather than isometric perspective. This means that two sides of an object are at the same angle, while the other is not.
TreesFew gamers must have noticed that trees actually multiply in this game. Leave the game running for a few days at top speed with all automatic functions, a surplus budget and disabled disasters and you'll see the results. This leaves the game in a useless state as environmental activists complain each time you to try to build something on a square.
- Computer Gaming World
- November 1996 (15th anniversary issue) – #12 Hardest Computer Game
- Electronic Entertainment
- March 1994 – Editors' Choice Awards: Best Game (Honorable Mention)
- Electronic Gaming Monthly
- March 1997 (Issue 92) - Strategy Game of the Year (multiplatform) (Readers' Choice)
- PC Gamer
- April 2000 - #20 in the "Readers All-Time Top 50 Games" poll
- April 2005 - #29 in the "50 Best Games of All Time" list
- Power Play
- Issue 02/1995 – Best Simulation in 1994