DescriptionTetris Max is an unlicensed shareware clone of Tetris for one or two players. As with all Tetris games, colored blocks are dropped into the game area, or pit, from the top. The player must arrange them so that a complete edge to edge row is completed. Every completed row is removed from the game area making space for more blocks to be positioned. As the player progresses through the levels the background colour changes and the rate at which the blocks fall increases. Points are scored for each brick placed, however a player's score is greatly increased by clearing rows or multiple rows of bricks by strategic placement.
The game's features include:
- original music;
- one player, two player, one player vs the computer and computer vs computer modes of play;
- regular blocks and optional heavy blocks and degradable blocks;
- separate High Score tables for single and two player modes;
- the size of the blocks can be changed;
- keyboard or joystick controls;
- the size of the game pit can be changed.
After its original Macintosh release gained widespread popularity, a port to Windows 3.1 was made under the name Bricklayer, though it never achieved comparable success.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Bricklayer" -- Windows title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- The Story of Tetris Max (A history of the game Tetris Max/Bricklayer, as told by its developer, Steve Chamberlin.)
- T-Maxx on The Music of Peter Robert Wagner (The game's iconic background music track, legally free to download on the composer's website.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.