Forums > Game Forums > Mass Effect > Xbox360 for this game?

Unicorn Lynx (181780) on 12/15/2007 7:56 AM · Permalink · Report

I have a simple question to anyone who's playing this game (DrunkenIrishman? You there?): is it worth to buy an Xbox360 for it? Because judging from the reviews and all, I feel like the answer is "yes".

St. Martyne (3648) on 12/15/2007 8:50 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Yes, it is. But even if it isn't, there is still a lot of other great games for this console that have already sparked my interest.

There are also a couple of ineresting jRPGs for 360 (Eternal Sonata), so the answer is definitely - yes.

EDIT: However, there's still a fat chance that ME will be released for PC. So you may take that in consideration as well.

The Fabulous King (1332) on 12/15/2007 10:20 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Don't know if Eternal Sonata is that interesting. But there's Lost Odyssey (Nobuo and Sakaguchi game) coming for Xbox 360 in the JRPG realm. At least judging from the intro and the trailer it looked a lot more interesting than the JRPG's I've currently been playing (or watched being played... Enchanted Arms bah!)

It seems that both western and eastern developers focus more on Xbox 360 than Playstation 3.

But, Final Fantasy 13 and Final Fantasy: The Last of the Emo-kings are probably PS 3 exclusive and so far Heavy Rain (the new game by Fahrenheit makers) is also PS 3 exclusive.

So it's your choice entirely.

Sciere (930479) on 12/15/2007 10:31 AM · Permalink · Report

Heavy Rain is currently the only thing that can convince me to buy a PS3 =)

DreinIX (10446) on 12/15/2007 10:45 AM · Permalink · Report

Heavy Rain? That's from Quantic Dream right? I think it will be released on more platforms than just PS3.

Yearman (29582) on 12/15/2007 12:22 PM · Permalink · Report

I started playing Mass Effect some days ago, but didn't get very far (no achievements yet, but that's going to change soon)

To answer Oleg's question: I say yes, it's worth it! Btw, this game is planned as a trilogy...

The Fabulous King (1332) on 12/16/2007 6:33 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

You can create a character like that and have it voiced by Jennifer Hale. Too extreme!!!

Unicorn Lynx (181780) on 12/17/2007 4:18 AM · Permalink · Report

I was so hoping that FF13 would come out for Xbox360... but I guess there's a limit to imagination. Pity Heavy Rain is also PS3-exclusive. Guess I'll have to buy both consoles some day.

From what I've read about Eternal Sonata, it doesn't seem that interesting except for that Chopin gimmick, but I still want to try it.

Lost Odyssey looks promising, except for the lame title. How can you lose an odyssey?

I'm in a somewhat ridiculous situation now. I have enough money to buy the best computer and all three new-generation consoles tomorrow if I want. But I'm so busy earning said money, that I have no time at all to play games.

The Fabulous King (1332) on 12/17/2007 4:22 AM · Permalink · Report

Earn money and save the games for vacation. The games won't run away, but if you wait too long, you might find out that the Mayans were actually right about the world ending in 2012 and then you'll feel sorry that you did not play Mass Effect.

If you think Lost Odyssey is funny then try saying Infinite Undiscovery.