DescriptionMavis Beacon teaches Typing 11: UK version is one of a series of typing tutorials featuring the eponymous Ms. Beacon. As with other titles in the series games are used to aid in the learning process designed to build speed and accuracy. This title features a 'Game Hallway' with eight games. They are:
- Creature Lab: six coloured DNA strands are viewed as though through a microscope and the pupil must enter the names of the DNA strands. The strands are coloured and the names can either be entered in any order to produce a unique creature or the names of strands of the same colour can be entered to produce a specific creature.
- Far Off Adventures: this game shows a balloon travelling above the surface of the sea. The object of the game is to keep your balloon in the air until it reaches its destination by typing steadily and rhythmically.
- Check-out Time: this game is based on a supermarket check-out and uses the numeric part of the keyboard. Grocery items travel down the conveyor belt and the pupil must enter the correct price. Mistakes are allowed but with each error an item drops to the floor and too many errors ends the game.
- Road Race: This game is, naturally, about speed. The player is in a car and words appear on a screen in the centre of the dashboard, the payer must type these words quickly and accurately to stay ahead of their rival.
- Chameleon Picnic: in this game ants march across the bottom of the screen from right to left. Each ant carries a letter, the player must enter the letters as they appear , each correct letter means the ant gets eaten by the chameleon, each incorrect letter means the ant escapes. The game ends when all the ants are eaten or when too many escape.
- Space Junk: this game has the pupil defending a space station from space junk. The object is to get the pupil to recognise and type common suffixes and prefixes accurately and quickly. Every correct entry results in a piece of debris being destroyed, every error results in a collision with the space station. The game ends when the station is destroyed.
- Shark Attack: this is another test of the pupils speed, the object is to type the displayed text quickly and accurately and by doing so stay ahead of the pursuing sharks
- Penguin Crossing: a penguin tries to cross a fast flowing stream by jumping from one ice floe to another. Each floe has a word written on it, by typing the word the player enables the penguin to jump from floe to floe and eventually reach safety
There are no promo images for this game
- "Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing Deluxe Version 11" -- Installation title
- "Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing Deluxe" -- Installation title
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.