Steam Store Description (from Ad Blurbs)As a demon army besieges his village, a young ninja ventures through a cursed world, to deliver a scroll paramount to his clan’s survival.
Leveraging players expectations as a core game design ingredient, The Messenger is first presented as an 8-bit action platformer with a simple story, that unravels into an epic time traveling tale, eventually revealing itself as a 16-bit Metroidvania game packed with replay value and deadpan humor.
- An epic ninja adventure with challenging gameplay and tight controls
- Legit 8-bit and 16-bit art and music reminiscent of your favorite NES and SNES games
- Memorable cast of (often silly) villains, bosses and associates
- Catchy soundtrack by renowned chiptune composer Rainbowdragoneyes, made in Famitracker
- Character upgrades, new abilities, hidden levels and story arcs to discover
- Challenging and visceral gameplay where mastery is a thing to behold
There are no user screenshots for this game
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|Way Too Many Games||Nintendo Switch||Aug 28, 2018||9.5 out of 10||95|
|4Players.de||Windows||Sep 05, 2018||85 out of 100||85|
|3D Juegos||Windows||Sep 02, 2018||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Gameblog.fr||PlayStation 4||Mar 19, 2019||8 out of 10||80|
|IGN||Nintendo Switch||Aug 28, 2018||8 out of 10||80|
|GameSpot||Windows||Aug 29, 2018||8 out of 10||80|
|The Games Machine (Italy)||PlayStation 4||Mar 26, 2019||8 out of 10||80|
|Video Chums||Nintendo Switch||Sep 05, 2018||80|
|Spazio Games||Nintendo Switch||Sep 02, 2018||8 out of 10||80|
|New Game Network||Windows||Aug 28, 2018||79 out of 100||79|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- The Game Awards
- 2018 – Best Independent Game – Nominated
- 2018 – Best Debut Indie Game – Won
- 2018 – Indie Game of the Year – Nominated
Related Web Sites
- The Messenger (official website)
Nintendo Switch Credits