Not an American user?
DescriptionMetal Dust is a shoot 'em up in which one or two players simultaneously can take on the mission choosing between five difficulty levels.
Mankind is near its end, the world devastated. Commander Ray Harrison (aka Commander LaserRay) searches for the legendary New World that is said to exist in another galaxy or dimension. His ship, the Full Metal Megablaster Mk II, is one of kind, not only equipped with an extensive number of weapon systems and a heavy amount of firepower, but the unique ability to produce enough energy to cross the border between space and time.
He has four areas to conquer. The action starts in the Asteroid Belt Alpha 3, headquarters of the Rogue Pirate Empire. It is followed by the Space Station Bassruti VI, the biggest artificial object in space, and later on, an alien planet, home of the deadly Species 8173. Crossing the Thalian Center of Temporal Research prepares for the ultimate goal as this quadrant offers perfect conditions for time and dimension jumps because of its subspace structure.
Loads of enemies get in his way and he has to fight through waves of small and medium ones only to be confronted with two gigantic boss enemies per level - each with multiple attack behaviors. He has to deal with a gigantic scull, an alien creature with very sharp teeth and an aptitude of sparking electricity, a huge walker, a shattering fist, a giant octopus and other equally nasty opponents.
The ship has a primary and a secondary weapon system. The basic primary weapon is a Plasma Rapid Fire Phaser that can be replaced by either Twin Phasers, a Cobalt Blaster or Radium Emitters, each of them with two possible upgrades. The secondary weapon system provides Guided Missiles, Reverse Fire and Quadro Laser to increase the firepower. All extras have to be collected and only one primary and one secondary weapon can be active at a time. Another bonus is the shield that protects the ship against enemy attacks for a short time. The strongest weapon, however, is the Full Metal Megablast, a powerful beam shot that has to be charged before it can be fired.
- "Metal Dust: time for retribution" -- Tag-lined title
There are no reviews for this game.
|Digital Talk||Sep 12, 2005||100 out of 100||100|
|Retro Gamer||2005||92 out of 100||92|
|Commodore Free||2011||8 out of 10||80|
|Oldschool Gaming||Jan 27, 2013||8 out of 10||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
MusicThe music was written by Welle:Erdball, a German minimal electro/chiptunes group, which also has a C64 as regular member of the group.
SuperCPUMetal Dust is the only game developed especially for the CMD SuperCPU.
VoiceThe voice that names the extra weapons which the players collect is the voice of the game's programmer, Chester Kollschen.
Related Web Sites
- Metal Dust (Official game trailer on YouTube)
- Metal Dust (Metal Dust Video Clip by Welle:Erdball on YouTube)
- Metal Dust (Product page on the Protovision website (English))
- Metal Dust live (Welle:Erdball & Protovision Metal Dust Show live at Mekka Symposion 2001)
- Metal Dust preview page (Protovision's Metal Dust preview page with development diary, videos clips and more... (German))
- Video report by Virtual Dimension from the Vision 2003 (English version) (Video report about Metal Dust including interviews with Chester Kollschen (Programmer) and Honey/ Welle:Erdball (Ingame Soundtrack) - 05:44-08:30)
- Video report by Virtual Dimension from the Vision 2003 (German version) (Video report about Metal Dust including interviews with Chester Kollschen (Programmer) and Honey/ Welle:Erdball (Ingame Soundtrack) - 05:44-08:30)
Claudia Kollschen (261) added Metal Dust (Commodore 64) on Aug 11, 2011