Not an American user?
DescriptionMetal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence is an enhanced version of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.
Included with the release is the entire game of MGS3: Snake Eater with a number of additions. The European Extreme has been added as an available difficulty level, being the hardest difficulty level in the entire series. New face paints and more camera angles have been added to the mix, as well as a myriad of other features including a Duel Mode, allowing players to face off against their favorite bosses anytime they want. Back by popular demand, Snake vs. Monkey has also returned with more maps than before!
Beside this, included on the bonus disk is a new online mode. This new mode allows players to play MGS3 online with other players around the world. Sony's servers allow the player to keep track of stats and friends. Players can play with others around the world in different match types such as Capture mission and Sneaking missions. To wrap up the original trilogy, Subsistence comes with the original version of the MSX games Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. Never before released in America, the inclusion of these two games wraps up the entire series of games in the original trilogy of the origins of Solid and Naked Snake.
- "MGS3S" -- Common abbreviation
- "Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - HD Edition" -- PlayStation 3 / US PS Vita title
- "Metal Gear Solid 3: HD Edition" -- Japanese PlayStation Vita PSN title
Part of the Following Groups
|The original trilogy is finally complete...||PlayStation 2||Matt Neuteboom (989)|
|Tough and gamey, with a strong aftertaste.||PlayStation 3||krisko6 (808)|
|Yeah, but how does it taste?||PlayStation 3||Adzuken (854)|
|I don't know what I can say that hasn't already been said.||PlayStation 2||John H. (59)|
|Game Over Online||PlayStation 2||Apr 29, 2006||100 out of 100||100|
|GamesRadar||PlayStation 2||Feb 07, 2006||10 out of 10||100|
|The Digital Fix||PlayStation 3||Feb 02, 2012||10 out of 10||100|
|Gamers.at||PlayStation 2||Oct 17, 2006||94 out of 100||94|
|Wham! gaming||PlayStation 2||Apr 05, 2006||9 out of 10||90|
|PAL Gaming Network (PALGN)||PlayStation 2||Dec 12, 2006||9 out of 10||90|
|HonestGamers (Staff reviews only)||PlayStation 2||Apr 16, 2006||9 out of 10||90|
|The Next Level (USA)||PlayStation 2||May 25, 2006||90|
|Video Game Talk||PlayStation 2||Apr 13, 2006||90|
|Mansized||PlayStation 2||Oct 17, 2006||80|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|AAAAAAAAAAAARGH @#&[email protected])#&||29||Foxhack (30907)
Jun 04, 2008
- 2006 – #8 Console Game of the Year
- 2006 – #4 PS2 Game of the Year
- 2006 – PS2 Action Game of the Year
Related Web Sites
- JUNKER HQ (This fansite is dedicated to the games produced and/or designed by Hideo Kojima and contains all kinds of trivia, artwork, plot summaries, discussion forums and more.)
- Metal Gear Solid: The Unofficial Site (A fansite that contains information about the whole Metal Gear franchise, including galleries, interviews, downloadable content and discussion boards.)
PlayStation 2 Credits (92 people)