DescriptionThe Twin Snakes is a remake of the 1998 tactical espionage action game Metal Gear Solid.
The remake has the same story and dialogues as the original (although voice-overs were re-recorded for this release). The locations in the game also remained the same, but the graphics were updated to look equal in quality to contemporary games. Gameplay was also enhanced, featuring the additions that first appeared in Metal Gear Solid 2. Snake can now roll, hang from ledges, hide in lockers, drag guards' bodies away, as well as aim and shoot from first-person view. New weapons from Metal Gear Solid 2 (such as tranquilizer gun) are also present.
Another noticeable change is in the game's cutscenes. Directed by the Japanese action movie director Ryuhei Kitamura, the cutscenes have been re-worked, featuring dramatic techniques used in action movies, such as slow motion and other effects.
There are no promo images for this game
- "潜龙谍影：双蛇" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
Part of the Following Groups
|Super Play (Sweden)||Mar, 2004||10 out of 10||100|
|GamesCollection||Sep 20, 2008||9.5 out of 10||95|
|Gamezine||Mar 14, 2004||19 out of 20||95|
|Next Level Gaming||Mar 18, 2004||94 out of 100||94|
|The Next Level||Aug 04, 2004||90|
|Gaming Target||Mar 22, 2004||8.4 out of 10||84|
|GamePro (US)||Mar 18, 2004||4 out of 5||80|
|videogamer.com||Mar 14, 2005||7 out of 10||70|
|GameCola.net||Jul, 2005||6.4 out of 10||64|
|Diehard GameFan||Mar 22, 2004||6.1 out of 10||61|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|please help||1||xgmx (1)
Oct 01, 2007
1001 Video GamesMetal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
ReferencesAs much as this group effort by Nintendo, Konami and Silicon Knights was, it's no wonder this game has a commemorative feel. And those can be noticed as Easter eggs, such as:
- If you have an Eternal Darkness file on your memory card, Psycho Mantis says something like "You like adventure games don't you? Do you like SILICON KNIGHTS games? Did you enjoy ETERNAL DARKNESS?" He also says something if you have a Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, a Super Smash Bros. Melee or a Super Mario Sunshine file on the memory card as well.
- The GameCube + Wavebird controller with a GameCube setup screen on a TV at Otacon's office
- The Yoshi and Mario action figures (shoot them for some nice surprises!)
- Alexandra Roivas (from SK's Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem) is the centerfold for the adult magazines you can use to distract grunts, and there is an Eternal Darkness poster in a soldier's locker
- The Silicon Knights website is on one computer's screen
- On Psycho Mantis' room, the three pictures on the wall feature Hideo Kojima (MGS creator), Ryuhei Kitamura (movie director responsible for the Twin Snakes cutscenes) and Denis Dyack (president & producer from Silicon Knights)
SecretsAfter defeating Sniper Wolf in the field, you can see the parachute Liquid used to escape the Hind tangled in a tree. Unless you look directly at it you will not trigger the codec conversation with Campbell.
TrailerThe game has one of the longest trailers ever, it runs for 26 minutes and 40 seconds.
- Golden Joystick Awards
- 2004 - Runner up to Mario Kart: Double Dash!! as GameCube Game of the Year
Information also contributed by Alan Smithee, Jiguryo, piltdown man and Tiago Jacques
Related Web Sites
- JUNKER HQ (This fansite is dedicated to the games produced and/or designed by Hideo Kojima and contains all kinds of trivia, artwork, plot summaries, discussion forums and more.)
- Konami: Twin Snakes (The official site.)
- Metal Gear Solid: The Unofficial Site (A fansite that contains information about the whole Metal Gear franchise, including galleries, interviews, downloadable content and discussion boards.)