Steam Store Description (from Ad Blurbs)She was affectionately - or sometimes not so affectionately - known by her pilots as the Bent-Wing Bird, the Ensign Eliminator, Hose Nose, Hog Nose, Sweetheart or Hog. Their choice of handle for this bird usually depended on their latest adventure in the 4.5-7 ton envelope of this solid but occasionally quirky airframe.
The F4U was born and bred to be a killer and she excelled at this endeavour, laying claim to an astonishing 11-to-1 kill ratio by the end of WWII. That doesn't include the unfortunate Ensigns who had so many problems trying to land the long-nosed bird on a carrier that the Navy finally gave up. They assigned the F4U to the Marines who quickly learned to love her for her superior fighting ways.
In her final form, which was the F4U-4, she was certainly in the running for 'Best Fighter of WWII'. The F4U-4 could out-climb the P-51 Mustang by almost 800 feet per minute and had exceptional speed at low and mid altitudes.
The F4U Corsair is truly a unique aircraft with its bent wings, long nose, and powerful engine. We know you'll have a lot of fun flying her!
- The premier WWII Fighter in the Pacific Theatre
- F4U-1A, F4U-1C, and F4U-1D models included
- Detailed aircraft with realistic texturing
- Classic radial engine sounds inside and out
- Animated pilot looks around as you fly
- 3D instrumentation for smooth response
- Drop wing tanks remove both fuel and weight when released
- Under-wing rockets can be added or removed with a single click
There are no Windows user screenshots for this game.
There are 12 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition - Aircraft Factory F4U Corsair (official website)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.