Steam Store Description (from Ad Blurbs)Heinkel's He 219 Uhu, recreated for FSX: Steam Edition by A2A Simulations Aircraft Factory, is undoubtedly one of the most advanced aircraft to emerge from World War II. Conceived solely as a gun platform to serve as a defensive night fighter, the Uhu featured a bubble-top cockpit that was placed well forward, affording the pilot superb visibility. The cockpit was equipped with ejection seats, and was exceptionally well laid out. All controls were easy to reach and identify. Combined with the tricycle landing gear, this plane was truly a "pilot's aircraft" and was very easy to fly. It was stable and predictable, exactly what one would expect from a night fighter. The earlier versions were adequately powered by the Daimler-Benz DB 603A, and had good rates of climb and acceptable top speeds approaching 400 mph. Later versions of the He 219, however, were much heavier, and because the more advanced, powerful engines were in short supply, these variants suffered in performance.
Ground-based stations would direct the night fighter to the bomber stream, and when in range, the Uhu's radar operator would then take over and guide the pilot to within 100 meters of the target. The bristling antennae were ugly and added a lot of drag, substantially reducing the aircraft's ultimate top speed. Without the radar, however, the aircraft would have been useless at night, and since the Uhu was still about 150 mph faster than the enemy four-engine bombers, this wasn’t much of a problem.
- Can be flown “by the book”
- Built from actual aircraft tests
- Realistic cruise performance with realistic fuel economy including “distance-to-altitude” performance under various power settings
- Authentic drop tank release actually drops both fuel and weight
- Both modern and veteran warbird pilots helped create the “feel” of flight
- Based on the critically acclaimed Wings of POWER He-219 “Owl”
- Native specular and bump mapped high-resolution lighting
- Canopy and pilot seats eject
- Oxygen flow and tank gauges
- Almost every single item historically correct and clickable
- Authentic reflector gunsight with day and night settings
- Retractable bulletproof windscreen
- Extendable ladder
- Naturally animated pilot and radar officer
- Professionally recorded and mastered engine sounds including realistic prop effects
- Directional 3D engineered sounds from A2A recorded sound from all viewing angles
- Stall buffet, canopy, ground roll, flaps, gyro, and authentic cockpit wind
- Special canopy pressurizing and release sounds
- “Special Effects” package includes:
- Historically accurate lighting for stunning night time visuals
- Realistic start-up visuals modelled after the real aircraft
- Belly landings with realistic effects
- Full sized (11” X 8 ½”), 71-page landscape manual with authentic performance and function
There are no Windows user screenshots for this game.
There are 16 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition - Heinkel He 219 'Uhu' (official website)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.