Steam Store Description (from Ad Blurbs)The B-45 was a WW2 aircraft design with 4 jet engines fitted, nevertheless its arrival in 1948 made it the first purpose-built jet bomber in the world. Its ability to deliver nuclear weapons, despite having a limited range, made it a very effective deterrent in the early part of the Cold War. It was a very sleek and handsome aircraft, although the unswept wing and rather puny 4,000lb (later 5,200lb) thrust Allison turbojets meant it could only achieve 500 mph at 30,000ft.
The Tornado never saw action as a bomber, but the final version of the airframe, the RB-45C, was purely for reconnaissance. With its prominent wingtip tanks, skinned-over nose, and up to 12 cameras, the B-45 was a very capable platform and was used operationally during the Korean War.
All Tornados were removed from active service by the end of the 1950's - the 47th BW received B-66 Destroyers in 1956 and the 91st SRW (operators of the RB's) moved onto RB-47E Stratojets.
- Both B-45A bomber and RB-45C reconnaissance variants included.
- Virtual cockpit with gauges and controls.
- Both bomber and recon have unique FDE's (flight dynamics/fuel etc. tailored to aircraft).
- Two stunning reflective metal 2048-pixel texture sets with custom spec and bump maps.
- Two very high quality native FSX models.
- Bomber version has 1000lb free-fall bomb loadout (bombs not droppable).
- Animated opening bombay doors, crew hatches and ladder.
- Togglable realistic crew figures with full harnesses and period flight gear.
- Virtual cockpit includes rear seat with gauges and controls, walkway and bomb aimer position spaces.
- Illustrated user manual in PDF format.
- High quality soundset by Sonic Solutions.
There are no Windows user screenshots for this game.
There are 9 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.