Steam Store Description (from Ad Blurbs)In the Single-Seat Fighter Class, the Mustang Reigns Supreme!
"Like the Indian braves of the old southwest whose favourite in battle was the small speedy Mustang, young fighter pilots today, with their newly won wings, almost without exception want to the fly the namesake of that sleek and powerful warhorse. And no wonder. For the P51 is truly a pilot's airplane. It ranks with any fighter in the world." - P-51D Pilot Training Manual, 1945.
Specifically developed from the ground up for Flight Simulator X, Aeroplane Heaven has made no compromises with the modeling of this wonderful warbird, which represents the actual aircraft 'factory-fresh' as in 1945.
Real-life pilots have been involved from the start of the development to ensure accuracy inside and out. WWII-era flight manuals have been followed to ensure that everything works as it should, from start-up to shut down.
Once in the air the help of restorer and experienced P51D owner-pilot Maurice Hammond has ensured this P51 flies just as good as she looks. Choose to fly Maurice's own aircraft - 'Marinell' and 'Janie' - and you'll even get to see Maurice in his distinctive helmet at the controls. Don't forget to give him a wave when he taxis past!
There are multiple high fidelity paint schemes including: Marinell, Janie, Big Beautiful Doll, Old Crow, Jersey Jerk, Ferocious Frankie, RNZAF, Cripes 'a' Mighty, LouIV and more.
And if your favourite Mustang isn't included then the pro-standard paint-kit included for creating your own schemes will let you create your own (and no doubt ensure a plentiful supply to download soon).
Whatever paint scheme you choose to fly, all models carry bump-mapping, specular shine and light-bloom effects.
- Fully selectable weapons and tank load-outs, controlled in-sim via special load-out panel in cockpit.
- Functional emergency canopy release in the Virtual Cockpit, which jettisons the canopy in both interior and exterior views.
- Hydraulic 'bleed-down' for undercarriage doors, controlled from cockpit pressure lever.
- Removable engine cover reveals detailed authentic Packard Merlin engine with glycol tanks and other details.
- Removable wing hatches reveal accurately detailed 50 cal machine guns, ammunition belts and loading chutes.
- Fully animated pilot with choice of military or civilian 'owner-pilot' (Maurice Hammond) model. (Pilot leaves aircraft when hatches are open to enable inspection of detailed cockpit).
- Correctly animated landing gear and oleo suspension, landing light flaps, trim flaps and more.
- Practically switch, button and knob animates in the VC with all functioning as the real thing (within the limitations of FSX).
- Selectable wingspan and range controls on gun sight. Switchable reticule light and animated drop down bulb holder.
- Removable control stick and throttle quadrant to aid instrument reading and switch functionality.
- Functioning emergency canopy release lever.
- Cold, dark cockpit start possible with all instrument readings to the correct numbers.
- Accurate starting procedure including correct priming, oiler and boost sequence.
- War Emergency Power setting on throttle with correct 'wire-gate'.
- Fully animated gauges including accurate engine management and 'tankage'.
- All trimming levers and knobs animated and functional.
- Specially designed camera views give a pilot's eye view 'over the nose', just as you would if sitting in the real aircraft!
SOUNDS, FX & SPECIAL FEATURES
- Full hi-fidelity sound-set even includes the characteristic gun-port 'whistle' on fly past.
- Effects package includes startup exhaust, recognition lights, custom animations from the pilots and more.
- Fantastic documentation with original performance charts.
There are no Windows user screenshots for this game.
There are 13 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition - P-51D Mustang (official website)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.