is a vertical scrolling shoot-'em-up. The action involves the player moving their ship along the base of the screen, while wave after wave of aliens come towards it. The yellow aliens split when shot, while the magenta ones are the toughest of all. Once the coast is clear, the player must attempt to manually dock their ship in a limited amount of time. Docking successfully will earn the player bonus points.
- "街机档案 月冠登陆艇" -- Chinese PlayStation 4 spelling (simplified)
- "月冠登陆艇" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Arcade Hits: Moon Cresta" -- PlayStation title
- "Arcade Archives: Moon Cresta" -- Nintendo Switch / PlayStation 4 title
- "アーケードアーカイブス ムーンクレスタ" -- Japanese Nintendo Switch / PlayStation 4 spelling
- "ムーンクレスタ" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
There are currently no topics for this game.
A contest by the publisher invited ace players to register with them if they achieved scores over 30 thousand points; eligible players breaking that threshold (and over 4 thousand of them responded) were entered into a draw to win the original coin-op this game was a conversion of, to install in their very own living room! The eventual winner of the draw was one Ian Clark of Newcastle.
The Amstrad CPC version of Moon Cresta
uses the LENSLOK copy protection system.
With this system the game loads to a screen that displays a large 'H'. The player must line up a supplied lensing device with this 'H' and, from a distance of about one foot (30.5 cm), view the screen with one eye. The lens decodes a two character security code that must be entered before the game can be played.