Description"In Making Music, I set out to offer the young child the same experience in creating music that they already had in visual arts, using finger-paints or crayons."
- Morton Subotnick
Morton Subotnick's Making Music is the first title in his music series that includes Making More Music, Hearing Music, and Playing Music.
There are many features to this educational game - you can dive right in and learn to use it as you go along, or you can access the tutorial/overview from the opening screen. Click on this option, and it will take you to the area you choose and explain it quite thoroughly, as well as showing you how to use it. As you play, you can also access help by clicking on the question mark on the lower right; when you run the cursor over an item you'll hear an explanation of it.
- Building Blocks: design a melody by dragging and dropping blocks.
- Making Music: music as an art program; paint your notes on canvas, save, and listen.
- Sound Palette: pick your instrument sounds from classic instruments and some exotic ones.
- Melody & Rhythm Maker: birds on a wire are your notes and eggs your rhythm! Create your own songs and save them here.
- Mix and Match: switch melodies and rhythms around and use them in your own compositions.
- Same or Different: listen to two short pieces and decide if they are the same or not.
- Find the Same: listen to three melodies and decide which one matches the original.
- Name That Difference: listen to two pieces and determine whether they are the same, or if the second is higher, lower, or backward.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Musikmaskinen" -- Swedish title
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.