Forums > Game Forums > Amazon > Finding those old games (macintosh)

jane hsu on 2/19/2008 10:09 PM · Permalink · Report

Hi, I'm looking for an old macintosh game I used to play around 1986, called Amazon - does anyone remember it? I just found the "Scarab of Ra" you can download it for free from the website, http://www.semicolon.com/Scarab.html

Thanks.

Jane

Pseudo_Intellectual (66339) on 2/20/2008 12:00 AM · Permalink · Report

We don't even have the existence of a Macintosh version of this game on file! Please feel free to update our records.

Shoddyan (15002) on 2/20/2008 11:02 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Pseudo_Intellectual wrote--]We don't even have the existence of a Macintosh version of this game on file! Please feel free to update our records. [/Q --end Pseudo_Intellectual wrote--]

I think what the original poster might be inferring is that they played a game on Macintosh called "Amazon" that was different than this one, and that they were looking to see if there was any more information on it.

I'm not sure if there is a macintosh version of the game entry here. I certainly haven't been able to confirm one after googling around for 10 minutes. Of course as it turns out, "Amazon" is one of the worst possible keywords you could be searching for, since even trying to limit results to the game specifically results in hits based on the merchanting code/links everybody uses (including mobygames) to a certain online retailer...

DJP Mom (11333) on 2/20/2008 11:28 PM · Permalink · Report

There is a game for the Mac called Expedition Amazon from Penguin Software, 1987...